Tyromel T3 medication | ExpatWoman.com

Tyromel T3 medication

Latest post on 22 January 2015 - 06:44

Good morning ladies

I am searching for Tyromel in Dubai. I have Hashimotos and take it on a daily basis. I am currently not able to fill my prescription as I can't find it in Dubai. Anyone knows who stocks it?

Thanks!

Latest post on 26 January 2015 - 18:18
Jane, thanks for your reply. I have been told that I have a 'predisposition' towards this, diagnosed via a blood test, but I don't have any symptoms and I've been told that I don't require any medication, just monitoring. Did you feel ill and then get diagnosed? If so, what were your symptoms? Thanks again for your input.
Latest post on 26 January 2015 - 15:17
You are not going to find Liothyronine Sodium here over the counter at any old pharmacy, they don't stock it, only Levothyroxine Sodium (t4) under brand name Eltroxin and one other I can't remember. If memory serves, they only stock this at some hospital pharmacies that mum2girls mentioned, and it is when the doctors there prescribe it. Most people find they have to take in it from their home country. You can get Liothyronine Sodium from certain doctors here who are authorized to administer it by the government. I am on 25mcg daily and get my prescription filled here and have for 3 years. The doctor needs to file a report with the government and therefore closely monitors your T3 levels. I go to a doctor at American Hospital.
Latest post on 25 January 2015 - 20:57
it was recently diagnosed within the last eight months when I decided to go to an Endo instead of just visiting GP for bloods as my hypo symptoms just didn't seem to be getting better with the medication I was taking . The Endo diagnosed Hashimotos after first blood test but did nothing other than continue T4 medication and different blood sets each visit . I recently changed to Endo at American hospital as despite going gluten free , cutting out alcohol, coffee and fizzy drinks I still didn't feel any better . I have been on cytomel for 4 weeks and am waiting blood results to see what is going on . I feel better in myself but I have been told it will take time and of course getting the right dosage too will take time so I am in limbo . Endo has suggested if this doesn't work then she will look at another medication . How long have you had Hashimotos ?
Latest post on 25 January 2015 - 09:17
Jane, I hope you don't mind me asking, but could you tell me what symptoms you experienced prior to diagnosis and has the medication improved those symptoms? Have you had Hashimoto's for a long time or was it recently diagnosed? Thanks very much for any information regarding this condition.
Latest post on 24 January 2015 - 20:08
I also have Hashimoto's and take cytomel T3 . I get it at American hospital and only in 50 micrograms so have to split it in 4 . I asked about getting it anywhere else and they said you won't get it outside of the hospital
Latest post on 22 January 2015 - 11:28
I get it online. But my doctor here orders it from a compounding pharmacy too. If you can't find it in any other pharmacy then you can get it here: http://www.acppharmacy.com/
Latest post on 22 January 2015 - 08:21
Oh, for some reason I was thinking you were new to Dubai and trying to figure out where to fil your scrip from home. (doh) It is not controlled, is it? Is there a possibility you could order it online with your scrip? :-) I was looking online but am weary of ordering as there seems to be a lot of fakes floating around. Can't seem to find a legit website that will ship to UAE and accept a script from here. Aarghh!
Latest post on 22 January 2015 - 08:10
Oh, for some reason I was thinking you were new to Dubai and trying to figure out where to fil your scrip from home. (doh) It is not controlled, is it? Is there a possibility you could order it online with your scrip?
Latest post on 22 January 2015 - 07:45
Thank you both. I do have a prescription for the T3 and have never bought it over the counter. My doctors office here has always been able to supply it however they have not been able to obtain any lately. I was advised to go to Dubai Hospital Pharmacy (which overlooks all pharmacies here) and they also don't have stock... I won't be able to get it from my home country without a doctor there prescribing it and I am not in the health care system there as long time resident in Dubai.
Latest post on 22 January 2015 - 07:40
You are not going to find Liothyronine Sodium here over the counter at any old pharmacy, they don't stock it, only Levothyroxine Sodium (t4) under brand name Eltroxin and one other I can't remember. If memory serves, they only stock this at some hospital pharmacies that mum2girls mentioned, and it is when the doctors there prescribe it. Most people find they have to take in it from their home country.
Latest post on 22 January 2015 - 07:24
Have you tried a hospital pharmacy ? The medication I use can only be purchased from a hospital pharmacy, and apparently only from the big hospitals such as City, American and Saudi German. It was the same for my Dad's Warfarin medication, all the pharmacies were telling me out of stock, I must have went to at least 6 of them, until eventually one pharmacist explained that it wasn't out of stock at all, but a restricted medication that could only be found in the hospital pharmacy. Good luck.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY