I need reallly help | ExpatWoman.com

I need reallly help

Latest post on 25 January 2015 - 06:38

Hi ladies. I'm new to this forum and the reason for signing up is because there is a possibility of my family relocating to Doha in the near future. My husband has an offer.
I know religion is not a topic, but I kínd of confuse, because I search every where and I can't find anything, so we can't make a decision.
So, I would want to know is any problem for me Being jew in Doha, I'm not israelí citizen, I'm from Argentina. There is another jews living in Doha??

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!!:thinking:

Latest post on 27 January 2015 - 13:17
There is no problem being Jewish in the GCC. Would I go around telling every Tom, D!ck and Harry? No. To me religion is personal and no one else's business. I have worked with several Jewish people - the only hiccup they have faced to my knowledge is that sometimes they have had to complete documents which asked about religion. Some have fibbed and written Christian others have put Buddhist etc. Christians, Jews, and Muslims are all considered "people of the book" in Islam. You will not find any synagogues here. Also, if you have visited Israel and have a visa stamp in your passport, get a new one. It probably wouldn't be a problem but it might raise eyebrows or cause delays at immigration. edited by marycatherine on 25/01/2015 edited by marycatherine on 26/01/2015
Latest post on 27 January 2015 - 12:58
I agree. I am a Muslim myself and have plenty of Jewish friends. If anybody discriminates against you because of your religion then it's because of their ignorance! I know a couple of Jewish people here, but as others said, you don't go around telling people that you are. I honestly find that in this country, everyone just minds their own business. All the best :)
Latest post on 25 January 2015 - 13:10
Thanks You so much to all of you, thats really help me;)
Latest post on 25 January 2015 - 10:44
Agree with what the others have said. Not an issue -- but best not to advertise it. I have many colleagues who have been to -- and some lived in -- Israel and have had no problems entering Qatar with those stamps. However passport stamps might be an issue if traveling to other countries in the region.
Latest post on 25 January 2015 - 10:24
I have lived in the Middle East for nearly 9 years and have been told repeatedly that Muslims have nothing against Jews, their problem is with Israel. So I am sure you would have no problems but as other readers have said, don't flaunt it.
Latest post on 25 January 2015 - 10:08
One of my very good friends who used to live here is Jewish . She never advertised it but didnt actively try to hide it either . And another friend was married to a Jewish man . Again - no announcements everywhere they go but among friends ( some who are practicing Muslims and Arab by the way ) we all knew . No big deal . I would say just be careful at first .
Latest post on 25 January 2015 - 08:28
There is no problem being Jewish in the GCC. Would I go around telling every Tom, D!ck and Harry? No. To me religion is personal and no one else's business. I have worked with several Jewish people - the only hiccup they have faced to my knowledge is that sometimes they have had to complete documents which asked about religion. Some have fibbed and written Christian others have put Buddhist etc. Christians, Jews, and Muslims are all considered "people of the book" in Islam. You will not find any synagogues here. Also, if you have visited Israel and have a visa stamp in your passport, get a new one. It probably wouldn't be a problem but it might raise eyebrows or cause delays at immigration. edited by marycatherine on 25/01/2015 <em>edited by marycatherine on 26/01/2015</em>