Terminated - accrued AL entitlement? | ExpatWoman.com

Terminated - accrued AL entitlement?

Latest post on 25 January 2015 - 15:55

Is an employee entitled to get paid for accrued Annual Leave if the contract is terminated just short of 3 months employment? This is for an onshore real estate company visa in Dubai. I know gratuity is not entitled but our company has always paid the accrued Annual Leave regardless of service. My friend lost her job last week and her company are not paying it, she's heading to Labour to enquire as soon as she received it in writing. TIA to the experienced HR people

Latest post on 25 January 2015 - 16:34
specifically 3. Annual Leave Pay: Payments equivalent to the balance of unutilized Annual Leave, [b'>[i'>only if employee completed the probation period. [/i'>[/b'> .
Latest post on 25 January 2015 - 16:22
You can check directly with the Labour Dept but if you have a probationary period mentioned on your contract, and you have been terminated within that probationary period, you are not entitled to accrued Annual Leave. http://cvwarehaus.com/UAE%20Labour%20Law-%20short%20guide.pdf
Latest post on 25 January 2015 - 16:16
Ive asked around and everyone I speak to agrees with the following (including a law firm) : "The employee is entitled to payment of his wages for his leave if his employment is terminated, or he left his work after the period of notice determined by law. The employee will be entitled to receive wages for the annual leave that he has not taken. Payment will be calculated on the basis of the wages he received at the time when the leave was due."
Latest post on 25 January 2015 - 16:03
Not if this is inside the probationary period
Latest post on 25 January 2015 - 15:58
http://gulfnews.com/uaessentials/ask-the-law/uae-labour-law-section-8-annual-leave-1.1208182 Look at nr.7. She is entitled. <em>edited by Asti on 25/01/2015</em>

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY