Clothes Dye | ExpatWoman.com

Clothes Dye

Latest post on 11 February 2016 - 05:44
Won't be dying the jeans...dry cleaners got the stain out. Wow! shocking. I wasn't hopeful as they can't get mascara stains out of my face towels. Before anyone thinks I am a weirdo for sending those out, it's because I don't have a dryer and can't deal with crunchy towels! Thanks for all the advice on dyeing, I am looking forward to that project :)
Latest post on 09 February 2016 - 07:16
thanks for all the replies, ladies! Should get the verdict today, sent to my favorite dry cleaners yesterday. When I explained that a couple treatments and wash with the dish soap didn't work, they said they would bring in the "aggressive chemicals" whatever that means! My DH is teasing me. "Now see? this is why we can't have anything nice!" While this thread has convinced me I have some black dying and refreshing to do with other wardrobe items (thanks!) I found some really neat embroidery jeans photos on Pinterest and I've just got to have a pair now lol :) Hopefully can do that on a different pair out of desire--not necessity!
Latest post on 09 February 2016 - 01:54
Hi, dye experts! reviving this thread as I have a couple of questions I couldn't find answered on search option... 1. once you dye clothing in your front load washer, are you freaked about washing the next load? Any residue from the dye remaining? 2. I got an oily hot sauce on a pair of white jeans, pre-treated with dish soap (which has never let me down) and the stain hasn't come out :( I've even tried a little spot bleach to zero avail. They were really expensive and hate to "lose" them. I've only bleached the one spot although it obviously didn't change the color of the white jeans. Would this spot not pick up the dye well? I dye a lot of black clothing and once they are done I run the machine again on a hot wash with my other darks in to make sure all the dye has gone I cannot help with the oily stain problem though I regularly dye my black clothing (all fabrics) to get back that [i'>almost[/i'> brand-new look. I always run an empty hot wash, and then do the next 1-2 loads with dark colours - never whites - just to be cautious. With a front load washer, make sure to wipe down the inside rubber rings where the door sits, as tiny pools of dyed water sometimes collect in these. I've never had any issues with residue affecting other washes. Recently, I had a similar problem with a persistent grease spot on a blue jersey dress. None of my usual stain removal tricks worked. I tried dying the dress - twice - but the stain was still visible. Boo hoo! In hindsight, I should have taken it to a professional. It wasn't an expensive piece but still a favourite. Hope everything works out for you, and you can rescue your jeans. Let us know how you did. Cheers, NL
Latest post on 08 February 2016 - 08:41
Hi, dye experts! reviving this thread as I have a couple of questions I couldn't find answered on search option... 1. once you dye clothing in your front load washer, are you freaked about washing the next load? Any residue from the dye remaining? 2. I got an oily hot sauce on a pair of white jeans, pre-treated with dish soap (which has never let me down) and the stain hasn't come out :( I've even tried a little spot bleach to zero avail. They were really expensive and hate to "lose" them. I've only bleached the one spot although it obviously didn't change the color of the white jeans. Would this spot not pick up the dye well? I dye a lot of black clothing and once they are done I run the machine again on a hot wash with my other darks in to make sure all the dye has gone I cannot help with the oily stain problem though
Latest post on 07 February 2016 - 19:45
Just in case you dont know..there are shops in meena bazaar which can dye fabrics for you. They might be able to give a better advice about the stain and dye color etx.
Latest post on 07 February 2016 - 19:14
thanks, comp. it's a long shot I am sure and my luck they would look worse. The stain is like 3 little pale orange spots...I am going to send them to my dry cleaners to see if they can do anything first. If not, I might drop them to my guy in Satwa that specializes in embroidery and see if he can't do a cool floral pattern with white silky thread. I just can't bear to have only worn them three times and all that money down the drain. Never going expensive again for white stuff!!!
Latest post on 07 February 2016 - 19:01
Hope some one comes along for an exact reply. I have no experience of dying clothes myself but back home we get fabrics dyed quite regularly for ethnic dresses so from experience I can say that the oily spot would be quite unpredictable with the new color. It might pick up a lighter shade of your chosen color or turn to a darker shade depending on your fabric.
Latest post on 07 February 2016 - 17:51
Hi, dye experts! reviving this thread as I have a couple of questions I couldn't find answered on search option... 1. once you dye clothing in your front load washer, are you freaked about washing the next load? Any residue from the dye remaining? 2. I got an oily hot sauce on a pair of white jeans, pre-treated with dish soap (which has never let me down) and the stain hasn't come out :( I've even tried a little spot bleach to zero avail. They were really expensive and hate to "lose" them. I've only bleached the one spot although it obviously didn't change the color of the white jeans. Would this spot not pick up the dye well?
Latest post on 04 February 2015 - 08:03
I've now discovered the following: park and shop on Al wasl road have brown, black and red Dylon dye, park and shop at Tecom's Al Shafar Tower has brown and black dye and Park and Shop at At Shera Tower in JLT Has blue and red Dylan dye. Hope that helps. edited by tokonline1959 on 04/02/2015 UPDATE: As a previous lady said Magrudy's on the 1st floor has lots and lots of Dylon Dye in loads of colours - machine and hand dye ones I was there today. <em>edited by tokonline1959 on 04/02/2015</em>
Latest post on 25 January 2015 - 19:25
they had every colour in Magrudy's on beach road upstairs a few days ago
Latest post on 25 January 2015 - 17:35
Saw some in PnS, Al Wasl Road today, but not sure what colours they had.
Latest post on 25 January 2015 - 16:30
Does anyone know where I can buy DYLON Clothes Dye in Dubai - I'm looking for dark / navy blue colour - would be so grateful if someone can help.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY