Buying in Palm Arabian Ranches or Jumeirah Golf Village | ExpatWoman.com

Buying in Palm Arabian Ranches or Jumeirah Golf Village

Latest post on 25 January 2015 - 22:32

Dear Forum members. Please help us make a decision on these three choices. Palm is preferred because it's on the beach so plays into our vision of living in Dubai. But we are concerned community life is lacking. With three children does it matter? Will we make enough friends in schools so it does not matter? Or does the community spirit make a difference. Also feel resale options may be better in Palm and JV. Moving in April.

Latest post on 27 January 2015 - 09:52
Get your school places sorted before you commit to anything. Getting school places is the trickiest thing, particularly if you have 3 part way through the year. You may not be able to get all your kids into the same school and/or have different drop and pickup times even if they're at the same school depending on age or after school clubs etc and have to look at school bus routes. No way would I want do Palm to Nad al Sheba school runs; traffic on SZR and Al Khail is horrendous at drop off and pickup times. Living closer to school is better, as that's the drive you'll be doing most often and where most of your children's activities and friends are likely to be if you need help with lifts or carpooling.
Latest post on 27 January 2015 - 09:36
If you want to live on the palm, i'd suggest renting for 6m-1 year to see how the commuting, community etc works out before buying a place there. it's much easier to make a decision about where you want to live 'long-term' once you have experienced the school run/ work commute and get to know what facilities in the area are like. Presumably you want to be here to view properties before buying, so you will need to rent for a few months anyway. Personally, the thought of driving Palm-NadSheba two or three times a day in Dubai traffic makes me want to take some pills and lie down in a dark room. I'd prefer to be close to school (think AR/The Villa etc) and drive further to work.
Latest post on 27 January 2015 - 02:28
Hi Stix. School maybe in Nad Sheba. Yet to decide. Work JLT area. So all over the place whichever way I look at it. I know Dubai in that we have visited annually for years so know these areas. Just not sure. Would traffic from Palm to Nad Sheba be too horrendous at peak times? Btw I mean to buy.
Latest post on 26 January 2015 - 06:24
Do you mean to rent? I would wait until you get here and actually look at the areas you've mentioned. They are very different, and geographically, nowhere near each other. Won't school and work play a factor in deciding?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY