Hair and sand torment | ExpatWoman.com

Hair and sand torment

Latest post on 26 January 2015 - 09:15

Ladies...HELP!

I very much enjoy having long hair but with the wind at the moment it feels like i have a bag of grit on my head. It's not an appealing at all :)

I don't like to wash it too often as that just dries it out and brushing it through doesn't seem to get rid of it (and i don't like seeing how much hair is in the brush either).

I realise of course I could wear a scarf but it feels too flappy around my head.

Any hints and tips from ladies who've been here a little longer?

Latest post on 27 January 2015 - 04:18
Plus...the sand might actually help hold the structure of the bun :lol: Ha ha ha, very good :lol: I might just give that a try. At least the recent rains seemed to have damped down the dust a little bit. I'm coming back from my morning jog a bit less sandy, which is nice. Thank you ladies for your advice, will give all suggestions a try.
Latest post on 26 January 2015 - 14:55
If you have long hair I always think a high bun looks gorgeous, especially when using a hair doughnut/sock bun! It's so quick and easy to do and with the right technique it can look really gorgeous. My hair isn't that long but is naturally curly and can get quite (VERY :cry: ) frizzy in windy or humid weather, and I always get compliments after shoving it up into one of these buns within five minutes in the morning! I just put my pony-tailed hair through the middle, backcomb slightly to give the hair some structure, then take pieces and wrap them round the bun, pinning underneath wherever I see fit. If you're really frustrated, you can just put a bun over your ponytail, bring the hair through the middle, spread it over the bun and use another hair-tie to secure the hair. Pull on the hair in the bun a little to 'boof' it up, and there you have it! Plus...the sand might actually help hold the structure of the bun :lol:
Latest post on 26 January 2015 - 13:09
I plait mine a lot which keeps it out of my face in the wind and when it's sandy it stops it getting it through my hair so much. I normally do a side plait but occasionally a back plait if I'm feeling dexterous.
Latest post on 26 January 2015 - 12:28
Ohhh... Now I'm wondering if I'm young enough to carry off the "pony tail and baseball cap" look! eeek! Perhaps in the kind light of dawn and dusk hahahaha
Latest post on 26 January 2015 - 12:00
One word: ponytail. Not very cute sometimes but really essential here. I have to use dry shampoo a lot here as well. I never ever wear my hair down when it starts to get hot. Nothing save a wash will really get out a lot of sand though.
Latest post on 26 January 2015 - 11:38
Ladies...HELP! I very much enjoy having long hair but with the wind at the moment it feels like i have a bag of grit on my head. It's not an appealing at all :) I don't like to wash it too often as that just dries it out and brushing it through doesn't seem to get rid of it (and i don't like seeing how much hair is in the brush either). I realise of course I could wear a scarf but it feels too flappy around my head. Any hints and tips from ladies who've been here a little longer? I wear a hat and use dry shampoo a lot

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY