PayPal and bank transfers | ExpatWoman.com

PayPal and bank transfers

Latest post on 26 January 2015 - 14:56

Hello,

Bear with me, I might not explain this very well.

We have a bank account in the US which is proving difficult to take money out of, which is great for saving, but not really what we expected when we set it up.

The account is set up on PayPal and I've used it to pay for a few things, including a service I bought where I was directly invoiced through PayPal. While it's fine to pay for things occassionally, I'd really like to get to the cash.

Does anyone have experience of invoicing someone through PayPal or transferring money from a bank account through PayPal?

Many thanks

FFx

Latest post on 26 January 2015 - 15:55
Thank you! FFx
Latest post on 26 January 2015 - 15:33
I have a US bank account and PayPal as well. I had a paypal debit card which you can use here but expired long ago. Do you have a US address they could send a card to? Then you can get cash out of any atm. I have also transferred money from that bank to PayPal which is very easy but it doesn't lead to cash, only a paypal balance. I've tried to send those PayPal funds here but they just sit in a paypal account here as well. A couple years ago I called paypal and they said UAE banks don't allow transfers into accounts here. I hope it has changed since then and it might have been bank specific and they just gave me dome automated type response but not too sure, sorry! Eta you can invoice anyone if your US Paypal account is set as business, not personal. <em>edited by Cherpie on 26/01/2015</em>

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY