Can you get children in to school in term 3?? | ExpatWoman.com

Can you get children in to school in term 3??

Latest post on 26 January 2015 - 23:27

Hi all,

We are moving over to Abu Dhabi before Easter do schools accept kids in to term 3??
Thank you

Latest post on 02 February 2015 - 16:13
I was recently told by a head teacher that the policy has changed and children can switch schools of the same curriculum any time of year. Yes, that's my understanding too. Some schools actually have it stated on their website that they accept children throughout the year now. That is in Dubai though.
Latest post on 02 February 2015 - 14:23
Thanks a million for your replies. I got on to a few schools and they said yes we can as we are coming from over seas. Also kids are in KG1 and Grade 1 so not in exam years so all good thank god :)
Latest post on 30 January 2015 - 19:56
I was recently told by a head teacher that the policy has changed and children can switch schools of the same curriculum any time of year.
Latest post on 30 January 2015 - 19:53
When we first moved here, we were told: 1. End of Term 1 into Term 2 within UAE is OK. 2. Term 2 - international students only 3. Term 3 - international students who are in the same curriculum only - that was our case. So if these rules still apply, and the schools apply them, it may very, very difficult to move in Term 3... but do your own homework, and ask the schools themselves for the latest info because each school may have their own 'set of rules'.
Latest post on 30 January 2015 - 15:27
there are rules about starting in school part way thru the academic year... if you are from overseas if a place becomes available after the middle of february you will have the opportuntity to "jump the q" for that place..... as the rules here say that any child in a uae sch is not allowed to switch schools at all until the next academic year.... so you would be coming from outside the uae and effectively jump the q. there will be reasons why schools do not allow you to shift in the last terms, it will be depending on the year group, if you are in the exam years then they will not allow because quite often the exam boards are different, the curriculum is different to the school you have come from etc etc.. if you can switch like for like then there is a possibility... so yes its fine for the younger year groups.
Latest post on 27 January 2015 - 10:29
This is a very transient place. People come and go all the time. School places are not that numerous, but spots become available throughout the year. Apply to every school you are interested in getting your child(ren) in. Good luck.
Latest post on 27 January 2015 - 08:47
Yes they do :-) Good hunting.