Driving license - no objection certificate? | ExpatWoman.com

Driving license - no objection certificate?

Latest post on 27 January 2015 - 07:54

Hi ladies, sorry for the list of questions...
I need to get my UAE driving licence but have been told I need a noc and not not sure where from, is it hubby? Or hubby's company?
If it's hubby does anyone have a template and does it need to be stamped by his company?
Thanks all :-)

Latest post on 27 January 2015 - 10:07
No worries, Puddle31. Just one thing occurs to me, you may need to get it translated into Arabic, best check with the RTA before you go. Sorry, so long since we did this, I can't remember what happened.
Latest post on 27 January 2015 - 09:31
Thank you simpleasabc that is a great help. I have my residence visa and yes hubby is my sponsor so hopefully it will be straightforward! Thanks again, much appreciated :-)
Latest post on 27 January 2015 - 09:26
The NOC needs to be written and signed by whoever is your sponsor, probably your husband, I would guess? Just in case you didn't know, you can only get your driving licence exchanged once you have your residence visa, and in the letter, you refer to the passport which your UAE residence visa is on (if you have more than one passport for whatever reason). It can go something like this (pinched from another forum as I can't find our template on my computer!): Dear Sir/Madam, Please accept this letter as confirmation that I, __________________, holder of (Nationality) passport No. ________________ have no objection to __________________, holder of (Nationality) passport No. ______ who is under my sponsorship, obtaining a UAE driving license. Yours, You can adapt the above for anything which needs an NOC. They don't normally need to be legalised or stamped, but you'll be told if they do. HTH.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY