Looking for schools... Any advice? | ExpatWoman.com

Looking for schools... Any advice?

Latest post on 27 January 2015 - 17:08

Hi!
Me and my family will relocate to Doha in the next few months. My husband already moved to Doha and we are looking for schools for my 3-year old twin boys to start in September 2015.
I have been searching for nurseries from the internet and I am sending my husband to see them but I am not sure now if I should send them to a nursery and change school in the following year or send them directly to school.
I can't find reviews for the schools in Doha. Can you please provide any information for the schools? I am looking for schools that have kindergarten and are English speaking. I don't have preference for American or British curriculum.

Thank you in advance!

Latest post on 01 February 2015 - 10:42
To be honest I'd just try to get them into a nursery in a school. Then you know they have a place at the school for the following year and won't have to go through the hassle of applying all over again. The nursery at the school mine go to was great and my daughter started there before she was 4. No problem going 5 days a week. Lots of fun activities, no pressure, got her into the swing of being in the school environment while not actually having a huge amount of interaction with the bigger kids as they had their own play area that was separate. Her friends all moved up with her and even though they get mixed around when they change years sometimes they still have each other to play with. I'd say most of the good schools have nursery levels so best to just look at the websites and see when you can apply. Need to get going on it now though as soon the places will be allocated for next year. <em>edited by Ali68 on 01/02/2015</em>
Latest post on 01 February 2015 - 05:44
You could check out Kid'n Around Kindergarten. http://www.kidnaroundkg.com It follows a British curriculum. Instruction is in English, but there is an Arabic class that students participate in for a small portion of the day.
Latest post on 28 January 2015 - 11:10
you can search this forum, there are a lot of advices regarding schools. Read the posts and you will have a better idea. Good luck!
Latest post on 28 January 2015 - 08:43
Hello, Depends on where you would live and how much (if any) your employer is paying for school tuition.