hair problem (may be because of salty water) | ExpatWoman.com

hair problem (may be because of salty water)

Latest post on 28 January 2015 - 10:21

Dear all,
Good Morning
my friend mived from dubai to Ajman last year. She is facing terrible hair problem frizzy, broken, falling etc etc. I would suggest her to change the shower. I read sometime ago on the forum that there are some different types of showers available in the market to reduce the hardness of the water. If I am wrong please correct me.TIA
<em>edited by sunlight on 28/01/2015</em>

Latest post on 15 April 2015 - 14:25
How do people manage to wash their hair just once a week? I go to the gym everyday so it has to be a daily hair wash for me :( organic shampoo and conditioner without the chemical nasties seems to help though .... and definitely the shower filter. After gym, let your hair dry and just use a dry shampoo, then wash every other day. Washing my hair too much destroys it. Thank you FairyDust, I'll give it a try :)
Latest post on 15 April 2015 - 12:55
How do people manage to wash their hair just once a week? I go to the gym everyday so it has to be a daily hair wash for me :( organic shampoo and conditioner without the chemical nasties seems to help though .... and definitely the shower filter. After gym, let your hair dry and just use a dry shampoo, then wash every other day. Washing my hair too much destroys it.
Latest post on 15 April 2015 - 12:42
Make a masque from Hibiscus flowers, its well known to really work for hair loss and damage, makes hair super shiny, prevents splitting, revitalises follicles to promote growth and protects from sun damage. If you cannot find the fresh flowers or powder, the dried flowers are readily available in most supermarkets, just grind them up as fine as you can in processor or mortar and pestle and add the other ingredients. recipe [url=http://makeupandbeauty.com/hibiscus-hair-mask-hairfall-diy/'>link[/url'>
Latest post on 13 April 2015 - 14:58
Going on year 5 here, my hair seems to have adjusted to the most arid and most humid temperatures here. I don't use bottled water or a shower filter, and it sees plenty of sea water and chlorine. Anyone else noticed that they went from having utterly distressed hair to...nice hair again? I wash my hair about every other day with Keratin's Green line for delicate and distressed hair, and apply the leave in conditioner for heat styling which I also do a lot. The only thing I can think of that is dramatically different in my routine is that I no longer tint or bleach it. I wonder if women with color treated hair experience more hair fall here? Mine was just a mess before I stopped!
Latest post on 13 April 2015 - 14:44
How do people manage to wash their hair just once a week? I go to the gym everyday so it has to be a daily hair wash for me :( organic shampoo and conditioner without the chemical nasties seems to help though .... and definitely the shower filter.
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 12 April 2015 - 16:09
I am sure it is the water here and also wearing a hijab. While a hijab protects from the sun, it also stops the necessary Vitamin D and also puts a lot of pressure on the scalp and hair. I am a covered woman so I also have this problem. I have found the following steps recommended to me by my hairdresser have really helped my hair thicken up again: 1. Wash hair only weekly 2. Use excellent shampoo and conditioner 3. Before each wash, I use a home made mask of castor oil mixed with a little almond oil or conditioner to make it easier to massage in - I leave it for at least 30minutes before washing out 4. Never blow dry without using a spray heat protector 5. Spend about 30 minutes weekly sitting out in the sun (whenever possible) without my hijab to let my hair and scalp relax and get the necessary vitamin D. 6. I have stopped wearing my hijab in the house whenever possible (difficult when one lives in an extended family situation) I have really noticed a huge difference in the quantity and also quality of my hair since I have been doing this.
Latest post on 07 April 2015 - 19:57
My hair has never been so bad!!I thought it was my shampoo untill I changed it and realised it is probably the water. I know a lot of locals here wash their hair with bottled water..Im not sure if i should start doing this too
Latest post on 28 January 2015 - 14:31
I sec on blu shower head but also taking some supplements. Vitamin D is often associated with hair loss. I know it helped me :-)
Latest post on 28 January 2015 - 12:17
Three times a week is a lot to be washing your hair.... Perhaps just rinse it with conditioner. Also i would invest in really good shampoo - i find Kevin Murphy amazing and the Born Again deep conditioner awesome on hair.... it literally repaired my split ends./ thanks Izzy, I have sent these details to her. :)
Latest post on 28 January 2015 - 11:53
They sell it at Festival city. There is a stall opposite Ikea. Blu Showerhead filters. Attach it to your showerhead to help soften the water and filter out the rust. http://swissblu.com/
Latest post on 28 January 2015 - 11:51
Three times a week is a lot to be washing your hair.... Perhaps just rinse it with conditioner. Also i would invest in really good shampoo - i find Kevin Murphy amazing and the Born Again deep conditioner awesome on hair.... it literally repaired my split ends./
Latest post on 28 January 2015 - 11:46
The blu showerhead is pretty good. Any website please
Latest post on 28 January 2015 - 11:46
Wash your hairless,use very good conditioner and stop using a hair dryer Also use a sun barrier. Thanks Izzy, she washed her hair 3 times in a week. she is wearing hijab so less sun damag. It is because of salt in water. Cowboy thanks for the recommendation.
Latest post on 28 January 2015 - 11:37
Wash your hairless, use very good conditioner and stop using a hairdryer. Also use a sun barrier.
Latest post on 28 January 2015 - 11:26
The blu showerhead is pretty good.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY