Post from Australia incorrectly addressed | ExpatWoman.com

Post from Australia incorrectly addressed

Latest post on 06 February 2015 - 20:09
Thank you Ladies. Much appreciated!
Latest post on 06 February 2015 - 12:31
Most of my post was lost regardless of how its addressed, I often tried with parcel dept to locate them but never found even those parcels that were correctly addressed, I don't recommend the postal service to Dubai. In the case of a wrongly addressed item without a phone number or tracking number the best you can do is hope they will return it to sender. Use a courier for important documents.
Latest post on 04 February 2015 - 18:37
It really depends, once it got delivered and another time it was sent back. Most of our post from Oz has been lost but it was not registered. Not sure why, used to get delivered without any problems. Good luck!
Latest post on 29 January 2015 - 19:24
Hello Ladies, I have some important documents on the way from Australia and the sender has put the physical address of my villa rather than the PO Box. Does anyone know if there is anything I can do or where it would go? Thanks in advance! Ok this is what you do. Ask the sender if exactly what address they placed on the package and which post they used, if they had a tracking number and if they put your telephone number on the package. Either call or go down to the central post office in Karama, it has to be this post office and go to the parcel section and tell them the story. This section is round the back of the building so to speak. They are really helpful and if you can give them as much detail as possible they will try to find the parcel for you. BUT, they only hold this sort of post for a while and will send it back if no one claims it. Make sure you take your Emirates ID card or passport as well and the name of the package is in the same name. This has happened to me several times. They are really helpful in the post office but do be prepared to ask and move counters and wait a bit. Also check the opening times. Good luck, i hope they find it for you. <em>edited by Lolacat on 29/01/2015</em>
Latest post on 29 January 2015 - 19:11
My mail was sent back to Australia also as I've only ever used my employers PO Box.
Latest post on 29 January 2015 - 17:33
Mine was sent back to OZ. Then they mailed it again putting my PO Box address on it. Such a hassle!
Latest post on 29 January 2015 - 16:53
The exact same thing happened to me with a package I was expecting before Christmas. I took my tracking number to the Central post office in Karama and was told that the item had been sent back to Australia (it was all on record, noting the date it arrived and was sent back, etc). Took a while, but the item eventually turned up back in Oz and the money credited to my account just last week :)
Latest post on 29 January 2015 - 12:32
If it was sent by registered post, keep calling the post office with your number. Or check the status on the net then when it says it's here go to the karama post office to pick it up. If it's not sent by registered post, it might be harder to locate, but you could still keep visiting the post office to see if it arrived.
Latest post on 29 January 2015 - 08:51
Mine were sent back ! Can not deliver was on envelope. I actually live opposite from Empost sorting area!!!
Latest post on 28 January 2015 - 12:12
I did this once and they were delivered to my PO box anyway - was truly shocked at EMPOST (in a good way). IF you dont get them soon - would head to central post office in Karama and ask.
Latest post on 28 January 2015 - 12:07
Hello Ladies, I have some important documents on the way from Australia and the sender has put the physical address of my villa rather than the PO Box. Does anyone know if there is anything I can do or where it would go? Thanks in advance!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY