peeing in potty outside a shop | ExpatWoman.com

peeing in potty outside a shop

Latest post on 01 February 2015 - 11:32
Why is this such a massive issue - malls do not have toilets everywhere and they are quite hard to find. I have run around a mall countless times about to go in my pants and I'm a grown woman of almost 30. When kids need to go - they need to go and at least the lady had the foresight to carry a potty with her for accidents like these. The people who should be named and shamed are the ones who took pictures of an innocent child doing something very normal - they should be the ones chastised on public forums such as this one, not the mother.
Latest post on 01 February 2015 - 09:34
That reminds me of my childhood, we used a slip on long gathered cover that was loose like a tent from the neck down and we changed under this on the beach as children. My mother would never have let any of us however young peel off completely on the beach. How times have changed!
Latest post on 01 February 2015 - 09:23
If someone took a photo of your child in that state do you not think you need to take personal responsibility for putting your child in a position that he could have a photo taken? I sometimes change my young children out of their wet swimmers on the beach. If someone started taking their photo when they were partially dressed I'd be furious and demand they delete the photos. Depending on the situation I'd also possibly call the police. There really is no excuse for taking a photo of a child that isn't your own with it's pants down.
Latest post on 01 February 2015 - 08:33
Oh - there is so much I could say. Let me just stick to this - if someone photographed my child, in that state, I would pursue them to the fullest extent of the law. If someone took a photo of your child in that state do you not think you need to take personal responsibility for putting your child in a position that he could have a photo taken?
Latest post on 30 January 2015 - 19:55
It's not wrong to whip out a potty when a child needs to go but it's wrong when your doing it in a public place and there's plenty of bathrooms around especially since it's in front of a shop:(. What a scary world we live in, there's no privacy, the fact that someone took a picture of it happening is worrying and disturbing. Also why is this news worthy?
Latest post on 30 January 2015 - 12:01
Once whilst travelling on the metro a mum was trying to settle her daughter that was crying hysterically. Nothing was working, then she whipped out the potty that was underneath the buggy, put it in the buggy and sat her on it. My only concern was that the brake was on the buggy! I even held the handle to steady the buggy. Once the toddler had finished she immediately stopped crying and was all smiles. Poor baby was in discomfort. Mum wrapped potty in carrier bag placed it in bottom of buggy and got off at MOE. No one batted an eye and Mum just said out loud "she won't do a wee in her pull ups anymore". I did think at the time wow you see it all, but I wasn't offended or disgusted. Children are innocent and should be treated as such. <em>edited by Tashabegood on 30/01/2015</em>
Latest post on 29 January 2015 - 21:00
Lots of the current info tells mums to go cold turkey with the nappies, so not to send them mixed messages. And then there's the pressure to be trained by 3 for school. Poor kids! Mine were in pull ups for every long car ride and plane trip for ages. I did see a mum bring her potty to a play date at a cafe but she did have time to take it to the toilets when required. Yes, we all agree she should have tried to find a loo but a shopping mall isn't really as sacred as everyone here thinks they are. The photographer and publisher are the ones who are disgusting. My boy wet himself in ace hardware last year, perhaps a handbag potty may have helped!
Latest post on 29 January 2015 - 17:28
Doesn't anyone use pull-ups any more ??
Latest post on 29 January 2015 - 17:22
Maybe I'm looking at this from the wrong side, but I'm sure either of my two would have been more "damaged" if they had wet themselves in public rather than be able to use a potty in an emergency
Latest post on 29 January 2015 - 17:19
Sometimes the only notice a toddler gives is "it's coming"...even when you think they're potty trained. And I guess that's why some parents have decided to carry a potty rather than let the child wet him/herself. It's not ideal, but we can be pretty sure the mother would rather he made it to the loo. I find it unbelievable a child psychologist is happy to go on record to with an expert opinion of "the child will be damaged"...but at least that comment will forever circulate on the internet under a search of his name when people are looking for a 'good' child psychologist. What a wally.
Latest post on 29 January 2015 - 15:51
My comment was truncated but I can say this. A few years ago I witnessed a toddler pooping in the middle of creek park. Definitely not western either if they want to add that snippet. Not an adult in sight, so I tried to get help, but don't remember what happened. I do know I didn't take a video.
Latest post on 29 January 2015 - 15:39
Oh - there is so much I could say. Let me just stick to this - if someone photographed my child, in that state, I would pursue them to the fullest extent of the law.
Latest post on 29 January 2015 - 15:28
The police getting involved??? Now that is taking it too far imo... And I agree it definitely should be an offense to video the child. I don't understand why they have to put in the blurb about it being unacceptable in an Arabic place... Do they think that's what we do normally?? It seems it was an exceptional circumstance and even a corner spot would have been better if they couldn't make it to the toilet but really Its been too far
Latest post on 29 January 2015 - 14:51
Is it wrong? Yes Is it disgusting? Yes [b'>But does it warrant a full news article with quotes solicited from Doctors, Psychologists, Shop Assistants giving grandiose statements about how the child will be damaged, and how they cannot believe it happened and so on? Do we see similar outrage when kids stick their heads out of sunroofs or dangle outside car windows?[/b'> edited by Arch on 29/01/2015 Bingo and yes. WTF
Latest post on 29 January 2015 - 13:54
i will never use the expression "storm in a tea cup" again without thinking of this thread. Come to think of it, a "tinkle in a teacup" has a certain charm. I can think of far more things today that would make me clutch my pearls.
Latest post on 29 January 2015 - 12:37
Agree, location is the key. In answer to your question, no I would not, potty training/use was something we did at home and we avoided accidents outside of the house by going to the toilet before leaving the house and using trainers if they were not quite potty trained. Now with the invention of travel potties I think many mums see no issue with using potties publicly rather than just for emergencies in the car etc, I was on a flight recently and a mother put her toddler on a travel potty seated in the row in front of me, she was two steps from the toilets but choose to put the child on the potty publicly, the child obviously did a poo rather than just a pee, it was pretty unpleasant. Did anyone say anything no. Even if its been established as a 'norm' these days, personally I would still train my child at home in preference, for a whole host of other reasons, beside the risk of offending anyone. <em>edited by chezmoi on 29/01/2015</em>
Latest post on 29 January 2015 - 12:12
Wrong location to pull out a potty, she could have pulled it out somewhere more discreet not right in front of all the shops where everyone can see. Yes, she made a mistake, for whatever reason.......but wouldn't it have been nice if someone had offered to assist her rather than persecute her. <em>edited by Lolacat on 29/01/2015</em>
Latest post on 29 January 2015 - 11:44
Wrong location to pull out a potty, she could have pulled it out somewhere more discreet not right in front of all the shops where everyone can see.
Latest post on 29 January 2015 - 11:44
Wrong location to pull out a potty, she could have pulled it out somewhere more discreet not right in front of all the shops where everyone can see.
Latest post on 29 January 2015 - 11:14
[i'>"Myriad" is now my word of the day and I shall be using it at every available opportunity, thank you[/i'> LOL DT! Yep, I've done myriad to death in this thread.....
Latest post on 29 January 2015 - 11:09
Massive angry debate about this on British mums facebook group - people clearly split down the middle !! The only thing they all agree on is the weirdo taking the photo shouldn't have done it or passed it to the media... I can remember years ago in the UK seeing mums put potties in the bottom of their buggies and if I had given it any thought (which I didn't) I'd have probably assumed it was for use in more private areas, not the middle of a shopping mall (if we'd had such things) in full view of passing shoppers !! Having said that, I was once mortified when my child emptied himself on the floor in the ELC and the staff very kindly instantly produced a mop and bucket !! Accidents happen..Giving a stranger an opportunity to publish our partially naked child using a potty is not an accident.. "Myriad" is now my word of the day and I shall be using it at every available opportunity, thank you :)
Latest post on 29 January 2015 - 11:05
Is it wrong? Yes Is it disgusting? Probably But does it warrant a full news article with quotes solicited from Doctors, Psychologists, Shop Assistants giving grandiose statements about how the child will be damaged, and how they cannot believe it happened and so on? Do we see similar outrage when kids stick their heads out of sunroofs or dangle outside car windows? Exactly, and how is it digusting...last i checked everyone does it at some point! I agree. How is it disgusting?
Latest post on 29 January 2015 - 11:01
Is it wrong? Yes Is it disgusting? Probably But does it warrant a full news article with quotes solicited from Doctors, Psychologists, Shop Assistants giving grandiose statements about how the child will be damaged, and how they cannot believe it happened and so on? Do we see similar outrage when kids stick their heads out of sunroofs or dangle outside car windows? Exactly, and how is it digusting...last i checked everyone does it at some point!
Latest post on 29 January 2015 - 10:59
I’m sorry but really? Is anyone really that offended by a small child showing part of the body and doing a perfectly natural thing? I’ve seen more grown men here taking a widdle on the side of the road near a bush or their lorry then anywhere in the world. In Europe it’s quite common to see children having a pee on the side of the road close to a car. So should everyone be offended when they see pictures of starving kids in war torn countries who are naked? For goodness sake the whole thing is quite ridiculous. Why didn’t someone go over and politely inform the mother this was not the done thing here and ask if they could assist her in any way? But Oh no, someone takes a photo and makes a big furore about seeing a toddler bottom! It must be Thursday! You know what has happened the mother has become obsessed by potty training as many new mums do and at every opportunity gets out the potty, she just lost her way a bit in her obsession for potty training. Isn’t there enough hate and intolerance on the world without having to use a small child to create more? <em>edited by Lolacat on 29/01/2015</em>
Latest post on 29 January 2015 - 10:56
Is it wrong? Yes Is it disgusting? Yes But does it warrant a full news article with quotes solicited from Doctors, Psychologists, Shop Assistants giving grandiose statements about how the child will be damaged, and how they cannot believe it happened and so on? Do we see similar outrage when kids stick their heads out of sunroofs or dangle outside car windows? <em>edited by Arch on 29/01/2015</em>
Latest post on 29 January 2015 - 10:27
[i'>It's perfectly possible to think both actions are wrong. Yes, the mother should have taken the child to a public toilet, but much worse is the certifiable weirdo who then took a photo of it. Both people are in the wrong here, but I know which one I find much more disturbing.[/i'> The woman who pulled the child's pants down and encouraged him to use a potty in public is 100% responsible for exposing him to whichever random person happened to be walking past at the time. 100% responsible. The fact that somebody took a photo of this is gross as is the woman's total failure to use one of the myriad toilets in the mall. According to the report, it seems this incident was reported to mall security, presumably by somebody who witnessed it. This kind of behaviour is absolutely unacceptable. I do not want to see anybody urinating or defecating in public when I visit a mall. Use one of the myriad toilets. Or if you are incapable of doing so, do the rest of us a favour and stay at home.
Latest post on 29 January 2015 - 10:25
Sorry but I find the person who took the photo to be so much more disturbing. As a mother and grandmother, yes accidents do happen, and much rather have a potty with you than have a very upset and wet child. I know this it a totally different society to the UK, but I do know of a number of people who carried their childs potty with them when they were potty training. As some of you have said young children often can't tell you in advance when they want to 'go' and at least this way there are no accidents on the floor which in my mind could be even more uspetting.
Latest post on 29 January 2015 - 09:53
KT, But you don't find it disgusting that a woman would produce a potty and allow the child to use it in public when there are myriad toilets in that location? Including one very close to the shop where this took place? Do you think this behaviour is acceptable? I certainly don't. This woman has exposed the child to other people. Urinating in public? Good grief. Use a public toilet. It's perfectly possible to think both actions are wrong. Yes, the mother should have taken the child to a public toilet, but much worse is the certifiable weirdo who then took a photo of it. Both people are in the wrong here, but I know which one I find much more disturbing.
Latest post on 29 January 2015 - 09:35
[i'>If the first, who walks around with one of those in their bags? All kinds of fail there....[/i'> suzy, the woman produced the potty. In a mall. Filled with public toilets. Like you say, all kinds of fail there. [i'>“We have a waiting area, five toilet cubicles, including one specially for the disabled, and a baby changing room.”[/i'>
Latest post on 29 January 2015 - 09:33
I've been very fortunate with mine, no naked butt photo ops however things happen! She wasn't showcasing her sons butt he was clearly going to wet himself imminently. I just think kids are unpredictable, they can surprise us at inconvient times & as much as this isn't an ideal situation it's not news worthy. People taking photos of such things should get a life or get reported.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY