Maid from Company is stealing from us | ExpatWoman.com

Maid from Company is stealing from us

Latest post on 04 February 2015 - 10:20
Oh wow! thank you ladies! Yes, she is legal but unhappy with the agency that hired them. She has always played the victim and does tell me how unhappy she is here but can't return since they are in for a 2 year contract. In any case, I always tried to help her by giving her blankets and extra money and trust. :-( I will check the other agency you mentionmthrscruz13. I just can't imagine going through this often. For sure I will be more thorough now and check out office and personnel before hiring. Greetings and thank you for sharing your experiences! Sugarsnow
Latest post on 03 February 2015 - 11:08
Hello there, That was a good advise. I would suggest to call the company's office number, speak to the manager to make sure that it's a credible company and visit the office if you have time. I can recommend one company named Aruba Cleaning Services, their staffs are all Filipino men that know how to thoroughly clean houses. You can call them and the owner makes it a point to come and visit the client for feedbacks.
Latest post on 30 January 2015 - 04:34
Welcome on board ! Are you sure she was under that company sponsorship? Have you requested a copy of her visa? does she hold an emirates ID? Is the company legal?? We have faced this so many times, we ve been trying so many agencies, my husband placed hundreds of cameras, we got crazy,... money stealing from our guests purse whom came over for Xmas, jewellery, food, after investigation we found out that the company has no office although the website looks like a government entity.... when the police called all phones went off... We learnt our lesson, now we always check if the landline is real, go visit the office and staff, we only call companies with 800 number since they have to show their license and confirm their listed activities, require the visas, IDs, managers phone number, staff accommodation address which should be under company name ect...
Latest post on 29 January 2015 - 12:43
Hi Everybody! I need advice on how to handle this situation since it has really been troubling. We have been using a cleaning company who sends the same cleaning lady to our hose every week. By the end of last year I once noticed a little bit of cash was missing from my wallet...not wanting to blame the cleaning lady I thought perhaps I had miscounted before or spent it and didn't remember. She has continued coming to our house and I just noticed yesterday after she left, some personal items from my bathroom were missing. Lets just say I was very upset, because otherwise nobody enters our bedroom nor our bathroom, so I called the company and asked for her mobile to contact her directly since I needed to ask her something. I asked her where (the item) was and she mentioned that it was there in the bathroom..that she had cleaning everything out and probably forgotten to put it back in its place....I went back to search and of course was nowhere to be found. I called her back and told her she needs to find it next week when she comes back, but I am of course not interested in having her come and clean my house any more! I will only have her come next week so she can bring back what she took. I am also concerned over what other items she could have already taken that I didn't notice! Anybody has gone through anything like this?? I thought hiring a maid from a company was trustworthy...this has really put me off now, but I do need the help! Would appreciate and advice on how to handle this. Thanks!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY