For all mums on this forum: please look at this video | ExpatWoman.com

For all mums on this forum: please look at this video

Latest post on 29 January 2015 - 13:06

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Me9yrREXOj4&feature=youtu.be

(copy this link to your URL).

I have seen some terrible judgmental responses in this forum, I hope this video makes some of you think twice before sharing your opinion. Everyone's situation is unique, and let's assume we all want the best for our kids. Stop sharing your own frustrations (because that is what it is really, just wanting to make other moms feel bad). Let's be positive and help eachother.

Latest post on 29 January 2015 - 16:43
Sorry but this video has been all over the internet almost as much as the mall potty story... potty being the operative word in my opinion...
Latest post on 29 January 2015 - 16:31
Laura Bush and Hillary Clinton didn't cover either during their visits to KSA. Was always going to get attention though. I was going to say the same exact thing. Unless it is expected to wear a head covering during a time of mourning, I don't see why there is any fuss.
Latest post on 29 January 2015 - 16:15
Laura Bush and Hillary Clinton didn't cover either during their visits to KSA. Was always going to get attention though.
Latest post on 29 January 2015 - 16:14
Daza - was just wondering the same thing. Was going to start another thread.... Do you have thoughts about her hair? I like her hair ;) She was definitely making a statement. I didn't realise that foreign women don't have to cover in Saudi if they don't want to, I thought it was compulsory. I loved the recent story about Queen Elizabeth and King Abdullah.
Latest post on 29 January 2015 - 16:11
Do you reckon we are allowed to discuss Michelle Obama's hair? Daza - was just wondering the same thing. Was going to start another thread.... Do you have thoughts about her hair? I understand that female visitors to KSA are not necessarily required to cover their heads, but they are asked to don abayas. In most cases.
Latest post on 29 January 2015 - 15:51
Nice video Axelle, I only posted the potty thread to liven things up a bit on here, cos there's only so many news items we can talk about, pee being one of them ;) I'm not a judgy pants really [img'>http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/057/6/0/Wag_Finger_by_Mirz123.gif[/img'> and I'm not easily disgusted when it comes to kids bodily functions. I come from a big family and have seen much worse than a potty outside a shop. Do you reckon we are allowed to discuss Michelle Obama's hair? Daza - was just wondering the same thing. Was going to start another thread.... Do you have thoughts about her hair?
Latest post on 29 January 2015 - 15:44
Nice video Axelle, I only posted the potty thread to liven things up a bit on here, cos there's only so many news items we can talk about, pee being one of them ;) I'm not a judgy pants really [img'>http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/057/6/0/Wag_Finger_by_Mirz123.gif[/img'> and I'm not easily disgusted when it comes to kids bodily functions. I come from a big family and have seen much worse than a potty outside a shop. Do you reckon we are allowed to discuss Michelle Obama's hair?
Latest post on 29 January 2015 - 14:33
Two threads started on the same subject, I'm not quite sure about the validity of endorsing what looks very much like the ritual humiliation (of an innocent child) on the Internet. Now, that does make my fingers edge towards my pearls.
Latest post on 29 January 2015 - 14:20
Nice video Axelle, I only posted the potty thread to liven things up a bit on here, cos there's only so many news items we can talk about, pee being one of them ;) I'm not a judgy pants really [img'>http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/057/6/0/Wag_Finger_by_Mirz123.gif[/img'> and I'm not easily disgusted when it comes to kids bodily functions. I come from a big family and have seen much worse than a potty outside a shop. I wonder what happened there, surely it was some kind of emergency. For crying out loud, it was a child and I feel bad that it is all over the internet. Try seeing a grown man dressed in a 3 piece suit have a wee at a bus stop in a major city--now that was a little traumatizing
Latest post on 29 January 2015 - 13:39
Awww, that is really funny, then really sweet. Whilst of course we all want what is best for our children we do also need to consider that they are not the only people in this world and that their (or our) actions impact on others. I'm not going to judge and tut but I might just point someone to a nearby bathroom if they decide that the middle of a mall is a good place for a potty stop :)

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY