Electronics GCSE - Any Schools offer this subject??? | ExpatWoman.com

Electronics GCSE - Any Schools offer this subject???

Latest post on 30 January 2015 - 15:33
also with a lot of gcse subjects like history etc even if you are doing the same exam board they choose different options within the curriculum, so you may still not be doing "same same".
Latest post on 29 January 2015 - 23:51
Thanks for the reply! Hope it all works out ok for him,
Latest post on 29 January 2015 - 19:41
If he can stay this may be the best option for many reasons, moving teens can be tricky especially during this phase. DESC are a really proactive school and very helpful, i hope they may be able to advise further. This age range is very difficult to move with schools doing different boards and courses, a real pain for families moving. I've had a few friends who have had to have their children re start year 10 due to a move, even with the GCC as course were not compatible. I hope you find the some answers, all the best.
Latest post on 29 January 2015 - 19:34
I will check DESC now...... He may be able to stay on and finish year 11!!
Latest post on 29 January 2015 - 19:33
Hi Yes I have asked a few and I understand that he will likely have to restart the year again unless we find a match which is looking unlikely. He is really keen on Electronics so was wondering if anyone knew if any schools offer this in Dubai?
Latest post on 29 January 2015 - 13:56
Have you actually asked if any of the schools here will accept a new student going into year 10 now or year 11. Most will not and ask them to restart year 10 next year. You could ask DESC if they do this course or would do it next year. You could have a very difficult time moving a year 10 term 2 student now as even if you find the right courses they may well be at different stages of the course compared to your UK school. Is there no way your son could stay in the UK to finish year 11?
Latest post on 29 January 2015 - 13:49
Good Morning! Does anyone know of a senior School offering GCSE Electronics? I am looking for a match for my year 10 son to cnntinue his GCSE's from England. I have tried DBS Springs and also Silicone Oasis but they do not offer his subjects. Any advice would be much welcomed. He is currently studying and half way through his GCSE which are all with the AQA exam board.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY