Breaking contract | ExpatWoman.com

Breaking contract

Latest post on 29 January 2015 - 23:48

Ok, I have a question. My husband is currently working in AD but does not yet have a work permit, residency or emirates ID card. He has just been offered another job with another company in a higher position and better salary. The contract he signed is for 2 years and he would be leaving after completing only 1year. Does anyone know what the penalty for breaking contract would be? Would he be able to accept the other job, for which he is more qualified?

Latest post on 30 January 2015 - 15:22
Ok, I have a question. My husband is currently working in AD but does not yet have a work permit, residency or emirates ID card. He has just been offered another job with another company in a higher position and better salary. The contract he signed is for 2 years and he would be leaving after completing only 1year. Does anyone know what the penalty for breaking contract would be? Would he be able to accept the other job, for which he is more qualified? if you are working without a contract labour card thenyou are working illegally. they can easily put a ban on you to stop you going as you have not completed the limited contract. certain categories can transfer jobs without the ban being enforced if you have a masters degree you can move as many times as you like, with a normal degree i think its only twice in your time in uae etc... but if you are not legal then you will be opening up a can or worms.