Al Reem 2 Arabian Ranches | ExpatWoman.com

Al Reem 2 Arabian Ranches

Latest post on 30 January 2015 - 10:35

If anyone knows anyone or is thinking about renting a property in Al Reem 2, please let me know as I have been scammed by a dirty landlord there who has been terrible to deal with and extremely dirty in his dealings.

Latest post on 31 January 2015 - 17:38
Ours never tried to kick us out, but he tried to raise the rent well above RERA guidelines with 6 weeks' notice. We fought it and he backed down, but then he made it so difficult to live there that we gave up and left after the second year. When we first moved in the place was so unbelievably filthy that we had to get a team of cleaners and pest control in for an entire day before it was liveable. The AC broke every 5 minutes, and it would often take 2-3 weeks before we could even get the agent to call us back to schedule maintenance. Then he tried to get us to pay for the maintenance, even though it was broken long before we moved in. While we were there, we spend AED 5,000 on making the garden really nice (was a wasteland full of rubbish when we moved in) and made sure every maintenance issue was taken care of, and before we left we had a proper move-out clean done. We then had to spend the next 3 weeks fighting to get our deposit back, and never did manage to get all of it. I do feel bad for whomever is in there now, but I'm glad to be done with that nonsense!
Latest post on 31 January 2015 - 15:29
We moved from Al Reem 2 a year ago due to a horrible landlord who played every trick in the book to get us out of his house. We could have persued it but we were just exhausted with the whole thing and we wanted to move anyway. Husbands company paid the rent and they never got the deposit back despite us leaving the house in same condition if not better than when we moved in. We did regret not persuing it as he has probably gone on to treat his next tenants the same. If it is you I apologise but we had such an awful time we were just glad to be out of there. Care to post the villa number so others don't experience the same stress?
Latest post on 30 January 2015 - 15:09
We used to live in Al Reem 2. We loved our place, but we left because our LL was unbearable to deal with and continuously tried to scam us for more rent. I know he also owned the villa next door, so chances are he owns a few. Who knows, might be the same LL.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY