Container shipping Australia to Dubai | ExpatWoman.com

Container shipping Australia to Dubai

Latest post on 30 January 2015 - 14:28

Hi,
Has anyone used a shipping company from Australia to Dubai?
I would probably need half a container or a whole container (price dependent).
Thanks!

Latest post on 19 February 2015 - 09:43
I am using a local company on the Sunshine Coast who contract to Chess. Both companies have been professional and the quote was comparable with others. Chess seem to have a very good reputation and I'm sure my local agent would not go with anyone dodgy.. We are only bringing personal items as we can purchase what we need when we arrive. Our furniture is large and was made to fit certain rooms but my DH and I both realise that a furnished rental was not an option (not to our taste). I had the packers here yesterday and was informed it would take between 6 - 8 weeks to arrive. All the best with the move.
Latest post on 19 February 2015 - 04:45
Hello, I am moving to Dubai next month and also need to ship items from Sydney to Dubai. I'm not sure where to start! If anyone has any information or advice I would be so grateful - what company to use? - is it an option for company to dismantle furniture, pack and assemble on the other side? - estimate on cost for half or full container? - how long does it generally take? We have three options for accommodation: (1) get company provided fully furnished accommocdation, (2) get company provided unfurnished accommodation, (3) find our own accommodation (so either bring own furniture or buy new) - any advice on getting company provided accommodation opposed to finding it ourselves?: - would you ship own furniture or purchase in Dubai? - would you ship own white goods/appliances or purchase in Dubai? Thanx so much Rita edited by RITA2015 on 19/02/2015 Hi Rita As mentioned above we used Chess from BNE. They packed everything, and moved all of our stuff into storage, except the air freight allowance we were entitled to. We opted for the furniture allowance and move into an unfurnished apartment. Our storage is paid for while we are in DXB so that's something to consider if you are electing not to bring your own furniture. Would you sell or store? If you plan on selling, do you have the time and patience? The reason we didn't bring our furniture is because furniture is relatively cheap here, and second hand stuff fairly readily available if that's what you want to do. Our apartment here has fridge/dishwasher etc all integrated. If you love your furniture, consider how it will fare after it has been moved internationally, and then moved back again potentially. Depends if you see DXB as a long or short term move too. We live in a 3 br apartment, but came from a 5 bed + study house with two living areas, so our stuff was never going to fit here anyway. I will put it out there and say you may struggle to find a furnished apartment that is to your taste. Where is the company offering the accom? Those decisions really depend on budget/allowances etc. Let me know if I can help any further.
Latest post on 19 February 2015 - 04:19
Hello, I am moving to Dubai next month and also need to ship items from Sydney to Dubai. I'm not sure where to start! If anyone has any information or advice I would be so grateful - what company to use? - is it an option for company to dismantle furniture, pack and assemble on the other side? - estimate on cost for half or full container? - how long does it generally take? We have three options for accommodation: (1) get company provided fully furnished accommocdation, (2) get company provided unfurnished accommodation, (3) find our own accommodation (so either bring own furniture or buy new) - any advice on getting company provided accommodation opposed to finding it ourselves?: - would you ship own furniture or purchase in Dubai? - would you ship own white goods/appliances or purchase in Dubai? Thanx so much Rita <em>edited by RITA2015 on 19/02/2015</em>
Latest post on 03 February 2015 - 13:16
Thanks everyone! all very helpful! I have emailed Chess for a quote.
Latest post on 02 February 2015 - 10:44
Get Chess around to do a quote. They walk through your house and let you know how much you will need. It's helpful as visualising how much stuff you have is actually quite difficult.
Latest post on 02 February 2015 - 10:28
Do not use Grace Removals. Our belongings are finally in transit with them and every step of the way has been painful and they have done very little that they said they would do. We even moved out of our house early to ensure our belongings were loaded onto a specific container ship which never happened. Their sales guy who came round to quote us didn't know what he was talking about and actually made the whole thing a lot more difficult than it had to be. I only used them because they are the sister company of Dorree Bonner in the UK who I used to move goods from the UK to Australia and who were great. I have a friend who has just moved from Australia to the USA and used Chess. She said they have been really good.
Latest post on 02 February 2015 - 02:33
Thanks! Does anyone know what kind of approximate cost for half or a full container would be? Thanks :)
Latest post on 31 January 2015 - 10:18
We used Chess. They were connected with a company here. We had our shipment come by air freight but they also do sea containers. We were happy with them.
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 30 January 2015 - 14:42
I used Kent Transport. I was very happy with their service. I still have a small container with them in storage. They were definitely not the cheapest but they offered a good price and insurance and great service.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY