Health Insurance question | ExpatWoman.com

Health Insurance question

Latest post on 02 February 2015 - 00:10

Hi ladies, I have full health insurance (Daman) and will use it when I deliver my baby at Al Garhoud Private Hospital in June inshAllah. I was wondering what does the insurance normally NOT cover? I had my daughter there almost 2 years ago without insurance and the bill came to 19,000 though the delivery itself was only 11,000, they add on for everything. Does standard full health insurance cover all these extras such as epidural, after delivery pain-relief, and God knows what other extras they add on? Or normally does it only cover the basic delivery charge? Thanks in advance.

Latest post on 04 February 2015 - 19:04
Coverage depends on the type and level of insurance. Mine covers everything but I know that all don't. Hospitals do add everything they can but 19,000 is steep. There is also maternity insurance (not sure what it is called) that you need to pa 6 monts before you get pregnant and then they cover everything. It is quite reasonable.
Latest post on 02 February 2015 - 05:57
Wow! That is a very expensive co-pay. I had my first child at a private hospital and I had maternity insurance. Everything was covered except the epidural. I know that circumcisions are not covered by private insurance if you are having a boy.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY