Where to live in Doha | ExpatWoman.com

Where to live in Doha

Latest post on 23 February 2015 - 13:49
At the end of the day its all going to depend on your budget. There are smaller homes in the West Bay and even the Lagoon but your budget will have to be well above 15,000/month I think. Good luck with the move :-) <em>edited by emma123 on 23/02/2015</em>
Latest post on 23 February 2015 - 12:13
Hello Doha ladies, My husband has already relocated to Doha and is busy working and trying to find us a place to live. We are moving to Qatar from a US Territory with two small dogs. Anyone familiar with any great places that allow dogs; small dogs? He says he wants to stay north, somewhere near West Bay Lagoon, but it seems that those are large homes and pricey. We don't require more than 2-3 bedrooms and don't want to be in an apartment building. Thanks for any assistance.
Latest post on 12 February 2015 - 08:58
I'm sorry, I'm really far from the Pearl. My recommendation to you is to choose your location based on your husband's work and your daughter's school (you should have plenty of time to decide on that since she's only 16 months old). I live in one of Alfardan Gardens, there is 6 of them, and they are all nice, but some are bigger than others. I'm sorry but I'd rather not share my exact location on a public website, surely you can understand :) All the best!
Latest post on 10 February 2015 - 15:02
Hi there, Thank you, which compound do you live in? Are there any particular ones that people would recommend? And any views on living on the Pearl?
Latest post on 09 February 2015 - 18:18
We live in a compound and love it. As you said, more space for the kids to play outside (when it's nice), ride their bikes and scooters, take a dip in the pool (most compounds have pools). Plus the fact that compounds are gated and security guards are always around, at least I know that's how it is where I live.
Latest post on 08 February 2015 - 03:02
Hello My husband and I and our 16 month old daughter are maybe coming out to Doha from the UK. My husband has had a provisional offer for one job and is waiting on a couple of others. So in the meantime i'm doing my research on where is best to live for a young family. I know this also depends on where he will be working as I realise traffic is a nightmare. But id really appreciate if anyone can tell me compounds/ apartments to live. Also im stuck whether to go for a villa or apartment. My thinking is daughter loves to run around so open space and maybe more closer community? Or do u get this when living in an apartment too? Any advice would be duly appreciated. Also what is roughly the monthly cost in rent?