New Nanny Contract & Questions | ExpatWoman.com

New Nanny Contract & Questions

Latest post on 14 March 2015 - 20:11
If staying behind while you are away than ticket is not due. If she stays behind whilst you are away, is not holiday for maid. I would stock the necessary and leave sufficient cash for general day-to-day requirements. What is Maid's nationality? If she is Filipina and you hire her locally, she wouldn't want to go back home for technical challenges their government procedures pose. (Don't ask the details, you will faint). Well, as for medical insurance - there is no health insurance as much i know from Government as such. When you do medical, they would give her a yellow card with some vaccination. You will need to keep that card safe as this is her immunization record for dose. If you like to avoid any high risk consequence, take an insurance like anyone would for him or herself. Its expensive, I know. The low cost insurance that the Government declared is yet only available to companies and that too with large number of head count only. I am also looking for solution to cover this aspect. Hope this helps.
Latest post on 13 March 2015 - 10:47
Thanks Touimi. Good point on the two tickets....so if you get them to split their holidays into two you give them two flights.....what about if they only go home for one holiday and stay in Dubai for the other, do you still give the value of the flight for their vacation time in Dubai? Yes I'm hiring someone already here, they have left their old job now. We have to sponsor on an Abu Dhabi visa even though we live in Dubai as that is my husbands visa....does anyone know how that works with regard to health insurance.....will she only be covered for Abu Dhabi hospitals under the basic government scheme or would it cost an awful lot extra to get insurance through Dubai? Thanks for the help! X
Latest post on 12 March 2015 - 20:10
Cowboy put it perfectly. As soon as you have pink visa copy, you can have her work as your employee. I am assuming here that the maid you are hiring is in the country. Imagine, you are hiring someone from another country. You get an employment visa and they arrive. That is exactly the same for you once you have pink visa. Holidays are a big challenge for us too. Agree before hand and split is also fine as long as agreed. You will be paying ticket twice although. Good luck.
Latest post on 03 March 2015 - 17:43
That's great info thanks - so does that mean from the first day I start processing the visa (do medical) I can have her begin working full time or do I need all paperwork to be completed before she physically starts work for me?
Latest post on 27 February 2015 - 09:51
When you apply for her residency the immigration will give you copies of the standard contract, it's very general, so most things specifically related to your house and rules would need to be agreed with her separately. As for babysitting that's totally up to you both to agree on. I have friends who have the sitter sleep over the night on the days they go out. I've never really gone out in the evening and left my baby with the nanny, just quick runs to the supermarket. It's fine to spilt her holiday up, however you would probably have to buy her two tickets back to her country. You could get her a health card to go to the government hospitals, also some people buy health insurance for 750. Not sure which company they use. The probation period would be the time from when you start to process her residency till when it's stamped in her passport
Latest post on 12 February 2015 - 13:13
Hi ladies, I'm about to hire my first live out nanny/maid and am unsure on a few things: 1. Is there a standard contract that's normally typed/printed and signed by both or where would I find this? 2. She has agreed to babysitting 1-2 evenings per week if required, we might not need her every week but would you consider being out until 1-2am the odd time too late or should you be home by let's say 12 if she can't stay over. (We would obviously pay her taxi home) Also, any evenings mid week I can let her go home early I will, I am happy to be flexible. 3. She did mention about being able to take one month holiday in one go but we explained as we both work it would be impossible for us to get that time off so the most she could take in one go would be 2 weeks - preferably while we are on vacation also, she seemed fine with this but is that normal with other maids, to take one month holiday all at once? I take the view I wouldn't get one month holiday from my job so I would look on this as the same. 4. How much is standard medical packages for maids or where would I go to get one, is there a particular company to use? 5. Is there such thing as probation on a contract, if it wasn't working after 6 months is it a case that you just have to live with the loss of the sponsorship costs and start again ? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just new to all this!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY