Valentines day gifts, what did you get? | ExpatWoman.com

Valentines day gifts, what did you get?

Latest post on 15 February 2015 - 22:22

My husband bought me a little Toyger, that is a domesticated cat that looks just like a tiger. They are very rare and very expensive so little Hurammi will be a house cat. I also recievied a Roberto Coin White Gold 5 Diamond Station Anklet.

Hurammi looks like this
http://www.catsofaustralia.com/images/Toyger-Cat-101.jpg
<em>edited by MoonFlower582 on 15/02/2015</em>

Latest post on 30 March 2015 - 14:29
Bump... Finally got to catch up on all that happened since my last reading... OMG!! I am in a fit of laughter!! In my attempt to figure out what kind of person MF582 is I decided to recap some of her (his?) classic lines. [b'>A phone is like a vacuum cleaner, it's a necessity of life. It's not a special gift that says "I love you more than money [/b'> I guess the gift of the latest model is too cheap for a gold digger like you [b'>and showing my husband your responses [/b'> Classic case of bratty kid "I'm gonna tell my daddy on you" I wonder if you were picked on when you were a kid because you've definately got a complex. Seems as tho you're all about the bling and when someone doesn't share your same greed you try to dish it out to them. Unfortunately you cant take the dishing when it comes back to you, so you use your DH as a threat? :)) Cute! [b'>Some of you have been particularly rude towards me, and don't think i'll forget it when we become the toast of the town this fall.[/b'> What exactly do u plan on becoming in 'this town'? When we say 'you're toast' it's never a good thing. [b'>I used to be like you and say "don't get me anything, the whole thing is ridiculous" . Then i'd have to endure all the phone calls from my sisters, friends and neighbors describing what they received and the questions about why I received nothing and the state of our marriage.[/b'> Sorry to hear that you, your friends and family are so shallow and base the state of your marriage on material things! Time to start surrounding yourself with grown-ups. [b'>What about "END OF SUBJECT" don't you people understand?[/b'> *Giggle!!!* Do u REALLY think that people will stop replying just because you said 'End of Subject'? Wow! You must be really spoild and used to getting your way with EVERYTHING! [b'>Jealousy, the worst of human emotions.And you sir, are living proof of that![/b'> Definately an inferiority complex coming out there.. [b'>Sorry, call me crazy, but I just can't understand how your husband overloading you corn with butter and salt makes you happy? I need more[/b'> Yes, we've all come to that realization. You are a sad materialistic person who has married for money. Reminds me of a childhood friend who did the same thing. Her husband would buy her expensive things that she would constantly boast about and show off. If others didn't oooh and awww over it she would berate them for being jealous because she had such a perfect life with a perfect husband who would do whatever she wanted and they couldn't handle her farytale story... all the while the real story was that he was a big time cheater, and knew her week point (expensive gifts) so would keep her busy by buying her those things while he was porking every girl and their sister. She kept trying to convince herself that he actually loved her because he bought her expensive things. Sad and deluded... and you my dear, sound just like her.
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 17 February 2015 - 18:30
I don't know which is the funniest part about this thread. The overwhelming # of replies? Moonflower's persona actually possibly being real? (takes all kinds!), Moonflower threatening LAST POSTS, but sticking around because she can't help herself? Hey, nothing says "you're special" like mass produced jewelry on a manufactured holiday, for sure :) [img'>http://www.pic4ever.com/images/rose3.gif[/img'> Am I the only one that worries the cat is real, and it's going to wind up in therapy? edited by Beebers on 17/02/2015 I bet kitty will be on the Bin Kitty Collective page soon. OP's jewels were allergic.
Latest post on 17 February 2015 - 18:28
A fool and their money are easily parted. [b'>THATS IT![/b'> Oops! I must have hit a nerve. bye:
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 17 February 2015 - 18:27
inbred from 1000 comic sans.... :lol:
Latest post on 17 February 2015 - 18:19
I don't know which is the funniest part about this thread. The overwhelming # of replies? Moonflower's persona actually possibly being real? (takes all kinds!), Moonflower threatening LAST POSTS, but sticking around because she can't help herself? Hey, nothing says "you're special" like mass produced jewelry on a manufactured holiday, for sure :) [img'>http://www.pic4ever.com/images/rose3.gif[/img'> Am I the only one that worries the cat is real, and it's going to wind up in therapy? <em>edited by Beebers on 17/02/2015</em>
Latest post on 17 February 2015 - 16:51
inbred from 1000 comic sans....
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 17 February 2015 - 16:48
A fool and their money are easily parted. [b'>THATS IT![/b'> perhaps next Valentine's Day your husband could buy you an apostrophe :cool: A diamond encrusted one, in a very rare and expensive font....
Latest post on 17 February 2015 - 16:47
A fool and their money are easily parted. [b'>THATS IT![/b'> perhaps next Valentine's Day your husband could buy you an apostrophe :cool:
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 17 February 2015 - 16:21
Valentine's Day or Hallmark Day as it's now known, is nothing more than commercial boohockey. You don't need a 'day' to show the special person in your life how much you love them. Personally I prefer surprise and unexpected things, not getting something because it's VD. I also don't understand why some people have to boast about what they got. Do you require validation or something? Do you need to feel special? Yeah because expensive gifts are usually a true expression of love NOT. I gave that a thumbs down because while it is true, it's also true that most women feel unappreciated if they don't get anything on VD. No matter how we try to justify it, we all want some kind of acknowledgment on Feb. 14 Yawn. What makes you think you know what women need to feel acknowledged and validated? It's a very shallow way of thinking. I would think women on this forum don't need some over commercialized day in the year to know they are loved. If YOU do that's your thing, but don't project on others. I used to be like you and say "don't get me anything, the whole thing is ridiculous" . Then i'd have to endure all the phone calls from my sisters, friends and neighbors describing what they received and the questions about why I received nothing and the state of our marriage. You'll learn, just like I did edited by MoonFlower582 on 16/02/2015 Oh but lovely MoonFlower, your entire thread is a BIG learning curve. I have learned: 1. Expensive gifts don't make one happier than anyone else 2. Don't listen to your friends boasting about their Valentine's Day gifts. 3. Stay away entirely from friends that make you feel rubbish about not getting overpriced house cats 4. Don't make money and materialistic things a priority in life, it makes you do silly things, such as start a show-off thread on EW. 5. Don't start a show-off thread on EW. 6. Have a real fulfilling life where I have my priorities straight.
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 17 February 2015 - 16:14
OP either you are making the whole thing up to get responses or you really need to show off about your lush lifestyle in order to feel better. Either way, I pity you.
Latest post on 17 February 2015 - 15:35
I almost finished my pop-corn while reading this fiasco lol Valentines day, IMO just spread 'extra' love, smiles and positive vibes. Gifts are bonus :gift: I still believe it should be 365 days to show the small or big gestures to your love ones. For the OP's question, i got a loveletter and suddenly got that first-time-we-fell-in-love feeling again since my DH is not that expressive in words. Was really happy to read something handwritten by him too :)
Latest post on 17 February 2015 - 15:17
A fool and their money are easily parted. [b'>THATS IT![/b'> Bye bye .... Rushed home from work to catch up ...leaving so soon? You've only just got started BTW yes I do have a mutt for a dog, and we love him more than anyone's money could buy x <em>edited by cymraes on 17/02/2015</em>
Latest post on 17 February 2015 - 15:17
Aww, please don't go, MoonFlower582, you've provided us with minutes of harmless fun :) EW will go back to its usual dull self without you. :(
Latest post on 17 February 2015 - 15:06
A fool and their money are easily parted. [b'>THATS IT![/b'>
Latest post on 17 February 2015 - 15:00
1000 inbred cats? Genetically modified freak show then isn't it. Just like every other pure bred dog and cat on earth! Do you own a mutt???? LAST POST!
Latest post on 17 February 2015 - 14:34
This thread has me crying with laughter! Thank goodness for some entertainment during the work day! This lady CANNOT be for real.
Latest post on 17 February 2015 - 13:29
Me thinks we have not heard the last of her - whilst saying she is a bore - - I now look forward to opening up the forum to seeing the most hilarious postings. Made my week!!
Latest post on 17 February 2015 - 13:26
Moonflower, I'm a bit worried about how you are going to cope when you arrive here.You sound like a woman who likes to keep up with Joneses and I'm afraid little Hurammi just might not cut it. Dubai is a real tiger kind of town. Preferably sitting on the front seat of your 4x4 wearing a bespoke Cartier collar. Maybe a thought for next Valentine's Day?
Latest post on 17 February 2015 - 13:22
Oh, yes. I remember that thread! What a ball it was. That was years ago! Right up there with the woman who found her teenage son having an affair with the maid. (Does anyone remember the chick from the US Southern region who didn't want to move because she'd have to leave her lovely life, cotillion organisation and fabulous dinner parties, but her wretch of a husband was planning on dragging her out here anyway? Comedy gold). PPS. You even made me look up your other posts, lord love you. FYI: when you're talking about which section of Meadows into which you're locating, just remember that when someone asks you which Meadows, they're wanting the number of the community, not the type of villa. 'Hattan' tells us nothing, other than that you did do a teensy bit of research to 'establish' yourself in a pretty top-notch eff-off villa in the region. Though truthfully, you should have gone all-out Emirates Hills. If you paid 450K for a Hattan, you might be getting a good'un, but you've also probably been ripped off ... but since this is all conjecture and you're a wind-up merchant, it hardly matters, I guess! Absolutely. I'm shocked MF didn't go for the Palm Jumeirah. By the way, I googled her username and Dubai and she's been posting on another popular British expat forum. Claims we aren't very nice to her on here :) <em>edited by Tallybalt on 17/02/2015</em>
Latest post on 17 February 2015 - 13:20
Gosh this is still going on! Real comedy gold after ages!!! I had heard what fun the old members used to have and now we we know what all we would have missed! RT u are the Wit Queen of EW, thoroughly enjoyed ur comments. But credit must go to the OP who started this in the first place and brought back this dull forum to life - and how! Didn't someone say this seems to be an existing poster masquerading as MF? [b'>One very prominent poster is glaringly missing from all this fun [/b'>;) Would that be Mdme Lola? I think MoonFlower and her little [strike'>todger[/strike'> toyger has livened up the forum ;) Hope she's happy with her valentine gifts. <em>edited by Alismum on 17/02/2015</em>
Latest post on 17 February 2015 - 13:02
Gosh this is still going on! Real comedy gold after ages!!! I had heard what fun the old members used to have and now we we know what all we would have missed! RT u are the Wit Queen of EW, thoroughly enjoyed ur comments. But credit must go to the OP who started this in the first place and brought back this dull forum to life - and how! Didn't someone say this seems to be an existing poster masquerading as MF? One very prominent poster is glaringly missing from all this fun ;)
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 17 February 2015 - 12:53
I do feel sorry for Moonflower. She gets to 'boast'' about whats essentially a house cat. I am writing this while having after care by a select team of at-mansion Salon services, who tend to my massage, pedicure and manicure, whilst a fourth checks the Internet (that my husband bought for me last Valentines' Day) all the while admiring my spanking new jet parked in the private backyard that shares a 10 kilometer long boundary wall with a Sheikh, I do like the vastness of our properties as it keeps helicopter noise disturbance levels to a minimum. Although since I will now be taking space flight pilot lessons for aircraft its all a bit moot, isnt it. Oh did I tell you - he plans to fly us to the moon - and bring it back especially for me, as he feels its not fair to me to have to share our moonlit romantic VD dinners with everyone else next year. too funny!!
Latest post on 17 February 2015 - 11:10
At first I thought that Chris Fade segment was pre-planned, or the couple set it up for the fun of it, but the guy sounded genuinely shocked and upset, and Chris Fade and the others were adamant it was not staged and was genuine. Moonflower, what a laugh hahaha. Has to be a 100% wind-up, can't be anything but.
Latest post on 17 February 2015 - 10:24
I didn't get anything. My husband would like to get me the Samsung S6 but it is not out yet so I will have to wait for my Valentine's Day gift... A phone is like a vacuum cleaner, it's a necessity of life. It's not a special gift that says "I love you more than money" Well, there are phones on the market here for 90 dirhams...
Latest post on 17 February 2015 - 10:18
Heinous. Oh my word. She sounds like a prize narcissist. That poor bloke! :(
Latest post on 17 February 2015 - 10:15
I heard that - god she was awful. Felt bad for the guy, but clearly fate intervened and I'm glad he chucked her.
Latest post on 17 February 2015 - 09:55
A phone is like a vacuum cleaner, it's a necessity of life. It's not a special gift that says "I love you more than money" Why on earth would you need a special gift in order to know that your husband "loves you more than money". Surely that's a given? Would you still love your husband if he was unable to give you expensive gifts? Do [i'>you [/i'>love [i'>him [/i'>more than money? On a separate note...did anyone hear the woman on the radio last week bragging about the gifts her boyfriend bought her, when asked if she would love him if he didn't have the money, her answer was "I don't know I am very self-centered". Unlucky for her, her boyfriend overheard her calling in, and ended their 2 and a half year relationship, right before he was planning to propose to her at the Burj Al Arab on Valentines Day. Her reaction: "do I still get to keep the Porche you bought me for Christmas??"!!! DH and I heard this on the Kris Fate(?) show and missed the final outcome. What a self centred woman and the poor British guy was just driving into the DIFC when called! Talk of Dubai last week no doubt.... They had him back on the next day. They were doing a segment on the best and worst gifts you had ever received. The woman called in as anonymous, but said that her boyfriend had bought her a brand new Porche for Christmas and last Valentines Day bought her two pairs of Louboutins worths 24,000Dhs each. She was asked at the end if she would stay with him if he didn't have the money, to which she replied that she was self-centered and didn't know. The guy was driving into work and heard this. He said he never listens to that radio station but she was driving his car the night before and had it on so he heard her call in and put two and two together. Poor guy was devastated, said his sister has told him before that she was that type but he didn't believe her, until he heard her on the radio. He said he was gonna have a serious chat with her that night and he was cancelling his Valentines Day plans. The next day they had him back on and he said that he had ended his relationship with her. He had booked a suite at Burj Al Arab for two nights and was planning to propose to her on Valentines Day. Poor guy, he sounded so upset, but glad he got rid of her because she sounded awful. He dodged a bullet ;)
Latest post on 17 February 2015 - 09:53
A phone is like a vacuum cleaner, it's a necessity of life. It's not a special gift that says "I love you more than money" Why on earth would you need a special gift in order to know that your husband "loves you more than money". Surely that's a given? Would you still love your husband if he was unable to give you expensive gifts? Do [i'>you [/i'>love [i'>him [/i'>more than money? On a separate note...did anyone hear the woman on the radio last week bragging about the gifts her boyfriend bought her, when asked if she would love him if he didn't have the money, her answer was "I don't know I am very self-centered". Unlucky for her, her boyfriend overheard her calling in, and ended their 2 and a half year relationship, right before he was planning to propose to her at the Burj Al Arab on Valentines Day. Her reaction: "do I still get to keep the Porche you bought me for Christmas??"!!! DH and I heard this on the Kris Fate(?) show and missed the final outcome. What a self centred woman and the poor British guy was just driving into the DIFC when called! Talk of Dubai last week no doubt.... They had him back on the next day. They were doing a segment on the best and worst gifts you had ever received. The woman called in as anonymous, but said that her boyfriend had bought her a brand new Porche for Christmas and last Valentines Day bought her two pairs of Louboutins worths 24,000Dhs each. She was asked at the end if she would stay with him if he didn't have the money, to which she replied that she was self-centered and didn't know. The guy was driving into work and heard this. He said he never listens to that radio station but she was driving his car the night before and had it on so he heard her call in and put two and two together. Poor guy was devastated, said his sister has told him before that she was that type but he didn't believe her, until he heard her on the radio. He said he was gonna have a serious chat with her that night and he was cancelling his Valentines Day plans. The next day they had him back on and he said that he had ended his relationship with her. He had booked a suite at Burj Al Arab for two nights and was planning to propose to her on Valentines Day. Poor guy, he sounded so upset, but glad he got rid of her because she sounded awful.
Latest post on 17 February 2015 - 09:49
A phone is like a vacuum cleaner, it's a necessity of life. It's not a special gift that says "I love you more than money" Why on earth would you need a special gift in order to know that your husband "loves you more than money". Surely that's a given? Would you still love your husband if he was unable to give you expensive gifts? Do [i'>you [/i'>love [i'>him [/i'>more than money? On a separate note...did anyone hear the woman on the radio last week bragging about the gifts her boyfriend bought her, when asked if she would love him if he didn't have the money, her answer was "I don't know I am very self-centered". Unlucky for her, her boyfriend overheard her calling in, and ended their 2 and a half year relationship, right before he was planning to propose to her at the Burj Al Arab on Valentines Day. Her reaction: "do I still get to keep the Porche you bought me for Christmas??"!!! I heard them talking about it but I didn't hear the Woman talking. She apparently had two pairs of Laboutin shoes worth DHs48,000 purchased for her also. The high HIGH ones? Shudder. Sounds like shoe-icide to me. ;)
Latest post on 17 February 2015 - 09:46
A phone is like a vacuum cleaner, it's a necessity of life. It's not a special gift that says "I love you more than money" Why on earth would you need a special gift in order to know that your husband "loves you more than money". Surely that's a given? Would you still love your husband if he was unable to give you expensive gifts? Do [i'>you [/i'>love [i'>him [/i'>more than money? On a separate note...did anyone hear the woman on the radio last week bragging about the gifts her boyfriend bought her, when asked if she would love him if he didn't have the money, her answer was "I don't know I am very self-centered". Unlucky for her, her boyfriend overheard her calling in, and ended their 2 and a half year relationship, right before he was planning to propose to her at the Burj Al Arab on Valentines Day. Her reaction: "do I still get to keep the Porche you bought me for Christmas??"!!! I heard them talking about it but I didn't hear the Woman talking. She apparently had two pairs of Laboutin shoes worth DHs48,000 purchased for her also.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY