Large cup bra's, fabric at Satwa & quilt batting | ExpatWoman.com

Large cup bra's, fabric at Satwa & quilt batting

Latest post on 28 February 2015 - 10:45
If you are looking at the printed cottons that used to be dhs 5, they are now dhs 13. Even after haggling, they will only go down to dhs 12 on rare occasions. there are the very light cheapy printed cottons that used to be 5 and are now 7 - the ones used for the local long house dresses.
Latest post on 26 February 2015 - 20:53
I second TKD, awesome place.
Latest post on 18 February 2015 - 12:39
Thanks for all the great tips ladies! I'm going to Dubai Mall for all the baby shops so definitely will try the Q room for bras. I can't remember the fabric shops I use to frequent but am glad that I have some recommendations so I can hone in on the best shops straight away. My husband thinks we're going to have a chilled long weekend - little does he realise that we'll be jetting all over the place trying to find everything I need ;)
Latest post on 18 February 2015 - 11:17
Re: the bras, I can highly recommend TKD Lingerie in Town Centre Mall, next door to Mercato Mall in Jumeirah 1. Their staff are well trained and very helpful with measuring/advising and they have a good selection from 5exy to basic to sports bras to swimwear & cover-ups. They are generally more expensive than buying the same thing in another country but you get to try it on and walk out with it in your hand which to me is worth it! Have not tried Piccinino but "tina08" is dreging up old threads to advertise it so I am not likely to do so.
Latest post on 18 February 2015 - 09:12
Re the quilting supplies, I generally find Tahir and Srour in Satwa have the best range and you will still get it for 10 dhs yard (I dont tend to haggle). Fida sells different thicknesses of wadding and I'm sure the other haberdashers do too. Have fun.
Latest post on 18 February 2015 - 09:02
Re the large-sized bras ... try Q Room in Dubai Mall. They stock a good selection of bigger sizes (I'm an H) and good-quality stuff as well. I can recommend Prima Donna as a brand -- I was first fitted for this brand in London at Rigby & Peller some 10 years back and have ALWAYS been satisfied with the fit, shape, and the prettiness of the bra, which is important, I think, when one is carrying a ... larger load!). Recommended. The staff are ... okaaaaay ... but will help with fitting within their capabilities. Good luck with that. , <em>edited by LadyBee on 18/02/2015</em>
Latest post on 18 February 2015 - 08:31
Hello lovely ladies of Dubai I will be visiting for a long weekend from Qatar at the beginning of March and have some questions which I hope you can answer: 1. I am looking for large cup sized non wired bras. I am currently a G cup but am pregnant so need to go bigger! I've only been able to find bras up to a G cup here in Doha so am hoping there is somewhere in Dubai. I really hate buying bras online as I want to make sure they fit properly first. 2. I lived in Abu Dhabi in the early 2000 and made regular trips to Satwa to buy cottons for clothing and quilting so will be making a pilgrimage there this time. Just wondering what the average price was now per meter - it was 5 dhs back then but I can't imagine it's that price now! 3. I'm also looking for some quilt batting - any suggestions on where I might be able to find some? Thanks in advance

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY