Import Via Amazon Etc.. | ExpatWoman.com

Import Via Amazon Etc..

Latest post on 24 February 2015 - 13:35
:O
Latest post on 24 February 2015 - 10:55
http://www.expatforum.com/expats/dubai-expat-forum-expats-living-dubai/5478-import-via-amazon-etc.html Import via Amazon etc Closed Thread #1 (permalink) Old 14th May 2008, 11:19 PM Lenochka Lenochka is offline Member Join Date: Apr 2008 Location: Singapore Posts: 435 Rep Power: 12075 6 likes received 1 likes given Users Flag! Originally from russia. Users Flag! Expat in singapore. Default Import via Amazon etc Hi Listers, I wonder if you could provide me with some background on Internet Shopping into Dubai. Let's say I would like to order some books/DVD's from Amazon, or some clothes from Ralph Lauren....do I then need to pay some kind of import tax/VAT on top of the shipping or is that it ? many thanks for clarification and best regards Lenochka I am mostly interested if there are any import taxes/VAT applicable as I would like to inquire possibiltiy of ordering clothes (this may be needed as[b'> I am not the average sized guy[/b'>) Cheers Lenochka
Latest post on 23 February 2015 - 09:55
You will get charged duty if your items exceed a certain amount I think it is over a 1000USD Do not quote me on this but Aramex Shop and Ship will tell you I tend to price check them here and online and see if it does work out cheaper with Shop and Ship as sometimes with the cost of shipping it isn't much different.price wise When the sales are on in the UK and US that is when there are bargains to be had
Latest post on 23 February 2015 - 09:43
Ok I do this a lot. You need a ship and shop account 1st. This will give you a PO Box in USA, UK, China Order your goods on Amazon and get them sent to your US address with Ship and Shop. They are then sent to your residence here in Dubai with Aramex. Try and keep your purchases small as you pay for for shipment from US to here. I have only paid duty once Thanks Basil.This information will help me a lot .
Latest post on 22 February 2015 - 19:37
Ok I do this a lot. You need a ship and shop account 1st. This will give you a PO Box in USA, UK, China Order your goods on Amazon and get them sent to your US address with Ship and Shop. They are then sent to your residence here in Dubai with Aramex. Try and keep your purchases small as you pay for for shipment from US to here. I have only paid duty once
Latest post on 22 February 2015 - 18:12
Hi, I wonder if you could provide me with some background on Internet Shopping into Dubai. Let's say I would like to order some books/DVD's from Amazon, or some clothes from Ralph Lauren....do I then need to pay some kind of import tax/VAT on top of the shipping or is that it ? many thanks for clarification and best regards.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY