Braces | ExpatWoman.com

Braces

Latest post on 25 February 2015 - 22:53
I think that medicine is not a "science" but a "praxis"....and orthodontic care is not different.... there are several theories and several pros and cons. They say that to intervene on younger kids makes the treatment quicker and easier....I agree, when we were children they used to intervene later than they do now....it is difficult to say if they do it for money, but it is likely that they do. Also with adults...
Latest post on 25 February 2015 - 16:49
Thanks Eleonor. After the initial shock is over, I know now that 15 thousand- to 18 thousand are normal quotes here in Doha for braces. I did some research in the mean time...However, orthodontists are, according to me, to quick to jump into prescribing braces to kids that do not have all their permanent teeth out yet. So after the 2 year braces there will be another year(s) inside braces or retainers to keep up with the growing jaw…. well a clever way to make (more) money…
Latest post on 23 February 2015 - 23:39
the cost depends from which kind of braces, they are not all the same. Anyway here my daughter will spend 16,000 QR, for a treatment that is supposed to last one year, which is almost double than the price in Italy. 50% will be reimbursed by our insurance, so at the end the cost will be about the same.
Latest post on 23 February 2015 - 18:25
Hi , I am interested to know what one would pay for braces for kids. My child is 12, was recommended to start with braces, and the amount that was mentioned for full braces kept me silent for a while…. Well I did not have such experience myself, nor had a previous discussion about this before….Just wanna find out what a reasonable price is for Doha . Thanks,