beauty lounge silicon oasis! I'm fuming! | ExpatWoman.com

beauty lounge silicon oasis! I'm fuming!

Latest post on 23 February 2015 - 23:54
I was taken for a big ride today! I'm fuming! I usually do my nails at Nadia beauty style on szr and I'm always happy with my nails. Today, I was pushed for time and decided to visit Sheba beauty in silicon oasis, booked myself in for a gelish mani and pedi, on their website it's listed as "[b'>gelish manicure and pedicure combo -165[/b'>" Now the description says it all... Or so I thought! They told me oh they have an offer, 130 for both and you get a free 20 min foot massage. I though oh great, sounded good! Went there, had my 130aed offer and went to pay... 310aed please madam! Whattttt?? Yeah the offer is not for gelish, the gelish is extra. They should have told me when I booked first of all. Second of all, tips and toes, which is far more upmarket than this little hidden salon in silicon oasis charges 210aed for the same! And all of a sudden the combo they have on their website doesn't include a manicure and pedicure, it's just a gelish overlay. Just got a call from the manager that was very defensive, I explained to her that I'm basically comparing it with what I normally get for 145 (that includes removal also!) from Nadia, or for 210 from tips and toes. And the cherry on the cake is they've done a horrible job!! It's uneven and full of bubbles!!! Even if I've paid 10aed elsewhere, I would've complained. Probably the worst set of gelish I've had in my life... They will definitely not see me again. Especially after the conversation I had with the manager. I don't say the client is always right, but I feel they have to make it clear if they are going to charge you extra for a manicure and pedicure that should be included in the combo, as per their website! Rant over, still annoyed! To be fair to them, on their website it does say "Gellish normal hands + feet combo" AED 165 It doesn't say mani & pedi..... And their special valentines offer of mani /pedi with free massage for AED 130 doesn't say anything about gellish. Not saying they haven't been devious and conned you, but it is there clearly on their website. And nooooo, before anyone jumps on me, I'm nothing to do with the salon, just had time on my hands so looked them up out of curiosity.... :biggrin: Hey cheeky monkey, I logged in to say Well Done for clarifying the salon side. Its such a shame that we bad mouth about some businesses & more than often salon owner have no clue, and no chance to clarify their side of story. I understand OP was disappointed but its not ethical to exaggerate the fact. May be I can feel her point for bad quality but for price....why didn't you ask before getting work started? <em>edited by smartee on 23/02/2015</em>
Latest post on 23 February 2015 - 20:03
I was taken for a big ride today! I'm fuming! I usually do my nails at Nadia beauty style on szr and I'm always happy with my nails. Today, I was pushed for time and decided to visit Sheba beauty in silicon oasis, booked myself in for a gelish mani and pedi, on their website it's listed as "[b'>gelish manicure and pedicure combo -165[/b'>" Now the description says it all... Or so I thought! They told me oh they have an offer, 130 for both and you get a free 20 min foot massage. I though oh great, sounded good! Went there, had my 130aed offer and went to pay... 310aed please madam! Whattttt?? Yeah the offer is not for gelish, the gelish is extra. They should have told me when I booked first of all. Second of all, tips and toes, which is far more upmarket than this little hidden salon in silicon oasis charges 210aed for the same! And all of a sudden the combo they have on their website doesn't include a manicure and pedicure, it's just a gelish overlay. Just got a call from the manager that was very defensive, I explained to her that I'm basically comparing it with what I normally get for 145 (that includes removal also!) from Nadia, or for 210 from tips and toes. And the cherry on the cake is they've done a horrible job!! It's uneven and full of bubbles!!! Even if I've paid 10aed elsewhere, I would've complained. Probably the worst set of gelish I've had in my life... They will definitely not see me again. Especially after the conversation I had with the manager. I don't say the client is always right, but I feel they have to make it clear if they are going to charge you extra for a manicure and pedicure that should be included in the combo, as per their website! Rant over, still annoyed! To be fair to them, on their website it does say "Gellish normal hands + feet combo" AED 165 It doesn't say mani & pedi..... And their special valentines offer of mani /pedi with free massage for AED 130 doesn't say anything about gellish. Not saying they haven't been devious and conned you, but it is there clearly on their website. And nooooo, before anyone jumps on me, I'm nothing to do with the salon, just had time on my hands so looked them up out of curiosity.... :biggrin:
Latest post on 23 February 2015 - 19:54
I'd be upset too! Very deceptive practices!
Latest post on 23 February 2015 - 19:51
I was taken for a big ride today! I'm fuming! I usually do my nails at Nadia beauty style on szr and I'm always happy with my nails. Today, I was pushed for time and decided to visit Sheba beauty in silicon oasis, booked myself in for a gelish mani and pedi, on their website it's listed as "gelish manicure and pedicure combo -165" Now the description says it all... Or so I thought! They told me oh they have an offer, 130 for both and you get a free 20 min foot massage. I though oh great, sounded good! Went there, had my 130aed offer and went to pay... 310aed please madam! Whattttt?? Yeah the offer is not for gelish, the gelish is extra. They should have told me when I booked first of all. Second of all, tips and toes, which is far more upmarket than this little hidden salon in silicon oasis charges 210aed for the same! And all of a sudden the combo they have on their website doesn't include a manicure and pedicure, it's just a gelish overlay. Just got a call from the manager that was very defensive, I explained to her that I'm basically comparing it with what I normally get for 145 (that includes removal also!) from Nadia, or for 210 from tips and toes. And the cherry on the cake is they've done a horrible job!! It's uneven and full of bubbles!!! Even if I've paid 10aed elsewhere, I would've complained. Probably the worst set of gelish I've had in my life... They will definitely not see me again. Especially after the conversation I had with the manager. I don't say the client is always right, but I feel they have to make it clear if they are going to charge you extra for a manicure and pedicure that should be included in the combo, as per their website! Rant over, still annoyed!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY