Lunch box ideas 9-11 years old | ExpatWoman.com

Lunch box ideas 9-11 years old

Latest post on 25 February 2015 - 12:24
Please help I'm stuck in a route with sandwiches and pasta sallads. Piece of fruit, babybell, Actimelle, carrot sticks, houmous ( never gets eaten). Kids like it, but I want them to eat a variety of food. I hear about savoury muffins. Anyone has easy recipes? edited by Silvstet on 24/02/2015 I swear this is exactly what I give my kids...instead of hummus, we alternative with glazed balsamic and add cucumbers to mix. Keen for some ideas as well.
Latest post on 24 February 2015 - 09:41
You can also try mix veggies platter.all u need is boiled potatoes beans carrots or which vegetable u like.griend them make asoft paste and bake them or grilled or even fry them.my kids love them.;)
Latest post on 24 February 2015 - 08:38
Not a recipie as such but an idea that really helped with mine and the dreaded "lunch box full of healthy stuff comes back uneaten" scenario I let the children join in making them the night before, they choose what goes in (within healthy boundaries I set) and tailor them to their own taste. It does mean that some of mine have a little more carrot and a little less cucumber or vise/versa but it has meant that the amount that gets eaten has really shot up. Not prefect I know as they have to be in the fridge overnight and sometimes I don't get round to it but most of the time it works well for us. <em>edited by lovingthesun on 24/02/2015</em>
Latest post on 24 February 2015 - 08:33
Two ideas which needs a bit of effort but can be managed once a week... :) 1. Home made crepes with either nutella, peanut butter or choice of jam... the easiest thing ever... 2. Chicken or cheese, or just cheese quesadillas ... you can add onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, olives if kids like... although ready made tacos are available making your own is easy and can be done a day earlier... just make sure to make them crispy and let them cool before putting them in the lunch box...
Latest post on 24 February 2015 - 07:08
I make savoury muffins a lot, usually zucchini, carrot and cheddar or feta, olive and sundried tomato. You can also make sweet zucchini carrot muffins where the kids won't even know there's veggies in there. I also do savoury flapjacks (English kind like a granola bar) with cheese rather than sugar and raisins etc. I'm running out the door now but I'll post recipes later if no one else does :)

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY