Wedding Dress Tailors - Recommendations Please | ExpatWoman.com

Wedding Dress Tailors - Recommendations Please

Latest post on 25 February 2015 - 09:28

Hello Ladies,

I know there are a few threads here on EW for wedding dresses but found them to be outdated. I am getting married in July and want to find a good tailor for my wedding gown. I have seen Dream Girls and Montexa being recommended but what I need to know is if anyone has had their wedding gowns made by them or other tailors recently, what was your experience and how much did they cost. I am not looking on spending too much on it since I will be wearing a different outfit for the reception.
Your recommendations would really help me ..
TIA
edited by superchik on 25/02/2015
<em>edited by superchik on 25/02/2015</em>

Latest post on 26 February 2015 - 15:58
Thank you so much ladies. So I'm not going to waste time on Dream girls. :) Will check out Montexa first and then the others when I get the numbers. The shop is tucked away in Satwa, but actually really easy to find, call Anne first on 04 349 4037 & she'll give you directions. I would tell you myself, but not exactly sure as my car just seems to get me there without me really knowing!
Latest post on 26 February 2015 - 13:12
I have a friend who had some things made at a place in Motor City called Zigzag, they were very good and reasonable. I can find out the details if you want?
Latest post on 25 February 2015 - 18:40
Thank you so much ladies. So I'm not going to waste time on Dream girls. :) Will check out Montexa first and then the others when I get the numbers.
Latest post on 25 February 2015 - 18:39
Hello Ladies, I know there are a few threads here on EW for wedding dresses but found them to be outdated. I am getting married in July and want to find a good tailor for my wedding gown. I have seen Dream Girls and Montexa being recommended but what I need to know is if anyone has had their wedding gowns made by them or other tailors recently, what was your experience and how much did they cost. I am not looking on spending too much on it since I will be wearing a different outfit for the reception. Your recommendations would really help me .. TIA edited by superchik on 25/02/2015 edited by superchik on 25/02/2015 Hi superchik, try to check Aristeo Designs Dubai Villa/shop along Jumeirah road near Emirates Bank signal and Emarat Gas station. They have their shop there. He made my reception gown beautifully. He ranges from AED4,500 & up for a gown. Depends on the material and dress design. There's also a good wedding dressmaker at Bur Dubai a few friends tried to have their wedding dress pegs done. AED2,500-3,500 is the range. Materials included in the price. They could copy the design you want, custom fit to you. It's near the Ambassador Hotel, let me know if want it and I'll get the number from my friend. edited by mommypie2015 on 25/02/2015 Yes please mommypie2015, I would appreciate their contact numbers. Thanks.
Latest post on 25 February 2015 - 16:19
Berna in Karama is really good as well. :)
Latest post on 25 February 2015 - 15:58
Hello Ladies, I know there are a few threads here on EW for wedding dresses but found them to be outdated. I am getting married in July and want to find a good tailor for my wedding gown. I have seen Dream Girls and Montexa being recommended but what I need to know is if anyone has had their wedding gowns made by them or other tailors recently, what was your experience and how much did they cost. I am not looking on spending too much on it since I will be wearing a different outfit for the reception. Your recommendations would really help me .. TIA edited by superchik on 25/02/2015 edited by superchik on 25/02/2015 Hi superchik, try to check Aristeo Designs Dubai Villa/shop along Jumeirah road near Emirates Bank signal and Emarat Gas station. They have their shop there. He made my reception gown beautifully. He ranges from AED4,500 & up for a gown. Depends on the material and dress design. There's also a good wedding dressmaker at Bur Dubai a few friends tried to have their wedding dress pegs done. AED2,500-3,500 is the range. Materials included in the price. They could copy the design you want, custom fit to you. It's near the Ambassador Hotel, let me know if want it and I'll get the number from my friend. <em>edited by mommypie2015 on 25/02/2015</em>
Latest post on 25 February 2015 - 13:36
+1 for Montexa. Anne and Rose altered my wedding dress... There was not much job, but it was really great experience to work with them:)
Latest post on 25 February 2015 - 13:12
I would not use Dream Girls for a wedding dress, cross them off your list. While not for wedding dress, I have used several dressmakers here and so far Montexa has been the best, they do loads of wedding dresses and Anne has a wall of photographs from happy brides. <em>edited by mum2girls on 25/02/2015</em>
Latest post on 25 February 2015 - 12:02
Hello Superchik, I've used Montexa for three dresses now, 2 formal ones & one for my wedding dress - it was really a very simple one, (I'll be wearing it again next week for our anniversary dinner) but they make things so beautifully & I always feel great knowing that things fit me exactly as they should. They even waited for my Mum to arrive from the UK with the bra I was going to be wearing to ensure it fitted properly. I would go to Anne & Rosie again in a flash. I don't know about prices of others as I've only ever used them, but am always so delighted that I don't find them overly expensive.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY