UAE school holidays to increase | ExpatWoman.com

UAE school holidays to increase

Latest post on 25 February 2015 - 10:54

Can someone pleaseeeeeeeeeeee explain why :cry:

Latest post on 26 February 2015 - 09:32
It's just to bring Abu Dhabi in line with Dubai.... This is not correct. It applies UAE wide and the circular to schools is coming next week. However, this is a minimum guideline for student-teacher contact days. Schools don't have to follow the reduction in days, they just have to keep the minimum. edited by starfishalicja on 25/02/2015 Apologies, I got that information from a post on facebook by someone who is a school registrar....
Latest post on 26 February 2015 - 09:29
Someone please explain why less school days means the potential to increase school fees? I see this being asked/said everywhere and yet there is no logic to it
Latest post on 25 February 2015 - 14:07
The article is headed Abu Dhabi and says it's so that the teachers can go home for longer as "most of the teachers are from Pakistan" The article says Abu Dhabi because the Ministry of Education is based in AD. One of the schools mentioned is in AD the other one mentioned is in Dubai. It doesn't really matter, it applies to all of the UAE and us schools just have to wait for the official circular from MOE. Then we can all resubmit our calendars and wait for approval.......
Latest post on 25 February 2015 - 13:16
The article is headed Abu Dhabi and says it's so that the teachers can go home for longer as "most of the teachers are from Pakistan"
Latest post on 25 February 2015 - 13:13
It's just to bring Abu Dhabi in line with Dubai.... This is not correct. It applies UAE wide and the circular to schools is coming next week. However, this is a minimum guideline for student-teacher contact days. Schools don't have to follow the reduction in days, they just have to keep the minimum. <em>edited by starfishalicja on 25/02/2015</em>
Latest post on 25 February 2015 - 11:35
It's just to bring Abu Dhabi in line with Dubai....
Latest post on 25 February 2015 - 11:32
I sure do hope they wont increase the school hours to complete the lessons.
Latest post on 25 February 2015 - 11:25
That is 15 days less than the UK, 3 school day weeks!! Whilst this wont matter for junior children it will make a huge impact on children doing GCSEs and A levels.
Latest post on 25 February 2015 - 10:59
Well I wonder why myself, education is just getting more and more expensive. I wish they did reduce the school fees :confused:
Latest post on 25 February 2015 - 10:56
http://www.thenational.ae/uae/education/uae-school-holidays-to-increase-ministry-of-education-announces

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY