mathnasium | ExpatWoman.com

mathnasium

Latest post on 25 February 2015 - 12:28

Has anyone's child done it here in Dubai and did their child benefit?
TIA

Latest post on 16 June 2015 - 12:35
Hello I am very happy with the services Mathnasuim has provided my son. The staff is very caring and supportive with all my son's academic needs.he is improving in maths, I'm happy to recommend Mathnasuim to any parent looking to strengthen their child's mathematics skills. we tried Sylvan as well, didnt find it useful plus very expensive.
Latest post on 26 February 2015 - 12:29
Thanks Hot Chocolate. This is where I'm confused. My child is also year 4 in the British curriculum and they said that was the equivalent of grade 3 in the US curriculum. This didn't make sense to me b/c I too was under the impression that the UK curriculum introduced concepts earlier as well. I'm happy to hear that you are happy. I guess it follows that her grades in math have improved? That's awesome about the EW discount!! Even better lol
Latest post on 25 February 2015 - 13:15
I’ve had a fourth grader enrolled at mathnasium for the past year plus, and I am pleased. That said though there are a few things you should note and be aware of... She is in a british curriculum which is different than what is taught at Mathnasium since it follows the American curriculum. The US math system starts a bit slower i.e. lots of focus on add/ subtract and leads its way into mult, div, fractions, etc whereas the UK system is faster and incorporates higher math concepts earlier. I continue with Mathnasium because it really helps her learn the fundamentals better and they have lots of fun tricks to learn the concepts which make it easier to grasp. Overall its a matter of choice but if you do go with them ask for the expatwoman discount;) I remember when we started last year I got a discount for a free assessment and free class when I signed up. Good Luck <em>edited by Hot Chocolate on 25/02/2015</em>

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY