Commute Question DXB - AUH | ExpatWoman.com

Commute Question DXB - AUH

Latest post on 06 April 2015 - 17:50
Don't do this, if you do decide to do it then hire a driver. It is dangerous, long working hours + long and stressful drive...
Latest post on 28 February 2015 - 21:16
would not do it.... its a very dangerous road, especially at foggy and windy times of the year..... my hubs had to do it many years ago... on the old road which took him over 3 hours but now the new one its a fast road, but the standard of driving is bad.... coming into khalifa isnt that bad but still wouldnt do it. look at al ghadeer and then you could still be in dubai, but have the commute from ghadeer to khalifa 45 mins or so... but still have the deadly fog/sandstorm/water on the road!!!
Latest post on 25 February 2015 - 15:12
Hi Ladies, So there's a possibility DH will be posted to Abu Dhabi and wondered what you think of the daily commute from Dubai, if anyone does it? I'm thinking its huge, tiring and soul destroying? Is that drive really bad everyday with traffic and accidents? He says no need for us to move there just yet and he is happy to commute but I worry about that trip plus a 9 hour work day would potentially be 12 - 13 hours per day? Do any of you do it or your DH? I think he would travel to just a little past Khalifa City?