schools for 3 year old | ExpatWoman.com

schools for 3 year old

Latest post on 26 February 2015 - 22:14

Hi,

Could anyone help me with schooling for my toddler please!?

In your opinion what schools are good? I'm happy with a mid range school, with the British curriculum.

We have about 45000 a term to spend and are looking at rentals in the springs!

My son's birthday is in September, so would he go to school the following term (January) like in the UK?

Latest post on 27 February 2015 - 20:43
Are you sure it's not 45000 for the year? Most FS1 schools that I considered cost betw 35-65,000 for a year. From the springs, I have friends who like Victory Heights, Horizon International and Dubai British School. Best to go and have a tour of them, as everyone looks for different things that are important for them.
Latest post on 27 February 2015 - 07:49
Generally most British Schools still follow a cut off at the beginning of September. So if your child turns 3 in the middle of September he wouldn't actually start school (FS1) until the September of the following year. This is much better for him and he will be in a stronger position being one of the eldest in his year throughout his schooling rather than being one of the youngest and always struggling to keep up. Your budget for education is huge. 45K a term is 135K a year. I don't even pay that for secondary school. Why not look at Foremarke with that budget. Lovely small classes.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY