Pierogies? | ExpatWoman.com

Pierogies?

Latest post on 27 February 2015 - 12:32

Good morning ladies, has anyone found Pierogies in any of the grocery shops here? I've looked all over and wondering if I'm looking in the wrong place?

Latest post on 02 March 2015 - 15:57
Hi Dogntow, the packets of pierogies at Safestway are btwn the frozen veggies and the frozen french fries. Brand name is "Mrs....". I bought them out of curiosity, but not to my liking.
Latest post on 02 March 2015 - 12:16
RushingWater - which frozen section? I've tried Safestway twice (a month ago and today) and have never found them. I asked one of the employees today and he said they don't have them. If I can narrow my search to a particular section I might pop in a few more times and see if I ever hit the jackpot.
Latest post on 28 February 2015 - 15:01
I found some similar potato-and-mushroom-filled Russian dumplings in Al Maya. Not too bad. But that's all I've seen in my near seven years here. There's a lot of Polish heritage in the American city that I'm from so I grew up on pierogies (and kielbasa and sauerkraut) and really miss them here. I often end up just making a batch of a few dozen myself and freezing them to keep me satisfied. They're a pain to make, but worth it. If you find any other places that have them, please do share! <em>edited by laurelm on 01/03/2015</em>
Latest post on 28 February 2015 - 00:06
I buy frozen ones in Safestway.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY