Will local banks witness a signature if one has an account with the? | ExpatWoman.com

Will local banks witness a signature if one has an account with the?

Latest post on 03 March 2015 - 00:11
We found a friend of a friend who is a lawyer who witnessed our signatures free of charge. Strange how banks don't do it here.
Latest post on 02 March 2015 - 13:56
Thanks - did look at the Dubai Courts web site as the Consulate referred me to it but it does say ( checked today) in FAQ they only deal with documents in Arabic and not English. I'm only posting this saga for others to know as sometimes one doesn't always for much time to do these things if docs. need to be sent abroad..
Latest post on 02 March 2015 - 13:09
Last year we got our signatures on an english letter witnessed at the Dubai Courts - Notary public section in Al Barsha ( Building between the Gold and Diamond Park and the RTA vehicle testing place). We took all sorts of ID/copies with us and they checked our passports. It was very simple and cost about AED100. It may be worth checking with them if they will do the document you require.
Latest post on 02 March 2015 - 12:23
Up date - the British Consulate will NOT witness a signature on a document even though they actually have a page of charges with the heading British Embassy UAE Consular Fees February 2015 - item 5 Witnessing a signature GBP20 AED115. So will be going to solicitor.
Latest post on 01 March 2015 - 13:37
Yes - I am now onto lawyers - Yamalova want AED2000 to witness one signature I was told when I phoned. Am also asking Davidson solicitors. Have had to scan copy of the page I want to have my signature witnessed first and send it to them in email. Am waiting for reply. (Only going on with this boring thread so everyone can realise what a pain it is to get something like this done!). A chartered accountant is not on the list of who can sign.
Latest post on 01 March 2015 - 12:40
Can I lawyer not do this for you? Or a chartered accountant or Doctor?
Latest post on 28 February 2015 - 19:22
Just to add - studied the British Consulate web site and sent email asking for an appointment and got back automatic reply saying they are very busy and check with the web site first - which I had done. It also said - once I had done that - could then email again using heading "second request". Did that and got back message that I would get an answer usually within 5 days! Can't wait for that!
Latest post on 28 February 2015 - 13:38
Well - been to my bank this morning and was told they would not witness my signature on a form. I was actually told "Banks in Dubai do not do this" today but Barclays did it once or twice -authenticating copy of my Passport. When they closed I went to NBAD - who are quite good but won't do this. So now looks like I must make consulate appointment and pay AED175 for the service!
Latest post on 27 February 2015 - 15:48
Our bank here in Muscat were very happy to witness our signatures at no charge last month. I seem to recall that they did the same when we were in Dubai, too. Good luck ?
Latest post on 27 February 2015 - 13:02
Hi - need to get my signature witnessed on an English language form. I see the British Embassy, from its web site charge quite a lot for that and I think one also needs to make an appointment first too - plus the fag of getting down there! Hope my bank will do it tomorrow - is that a waste of time? Thx.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY