Repton Dubai (Bad Service) | ExpatWoman.com

Repton Dubai (Bad Service)

Latest post on 27 February 2015 - 13:55

As a frustrated repton Parent has anyone else had bad experiences they want to share re this so called Quality school.Repton failed to deliver the vast majority of its promises on opening!

My daughter attended for 5 years and it took 5 years for the school to spell her name correctly on school reports. This despite numerous reminders to Teachers, Head of House, Headmaster and school office. Surely a school understands the importance of spelling !
Secondly after completing GCSE exams we find we are being held to ransom for her results as they state 5 books were not returned(Disputed) they will not release her hard earned results. Appears like Ransom to me.
Frustrated Repton Parent

Latest post on 28 February 2015 - 23:26
Yes I am positive we returned the books, I dropped them off to my daughter who took them in, as it was end of exams no one was in the class. We were leaving Dubai so did not have the luxury of going back and getting each teacher to sign for the books. It's not the cost which is irrelevant it's the sheer audacity to treat a child's results like a pawn in a chess game! If they do this for a child's certificates imagine what else they do to children and parents. I have heard first hand of Repton locking out children from class who were late paying fees even by a few days! no explanation given to the child just sit in that room all day with no teacher!! wow a quality school !!! Parents beware. So the books went back to school? Why not contact KHDA and the exam boards directly and lodge a complaint? Did you sign any terms and conditions telling you that exam certificates would be held if books were not returned? Were you ever informed that books were chargeable on top of the fees? Worst case, Amazon a copy set to the school. You could see if the exam board will send you another certifcate with results on? You should have the candidate number and details of the boards.
Latest post on 28 February 2015 - 13:49
Im sure most are aware of the incompetent and unprofessional nature of the school but I cant see a way you can get the certificates without paying for the books.
Latest post on 28 February 2015 - 13:48
oh yes I can and will pay for books, so eventually my daughter will receive her certificates. Though some 6 months later having been held. Just imagine though sending your child to a school that would do this? I know the books were returned. There are many other issues at that school , just find ex teachers who will tell you more ! I have had 3 children at private schools 2 in UK and I never had any issues at all with them. Repton was a different matter.
Latest post on 28 February 2015 - 13:43
Yes I am positive we returned the books, I dropped them off to my daughter who took them in, as it was end of exams no one was in the class. We were leaving Dubai so did not have the luxury of going back and getting each teacher to sign for the books. It's not the cost which is irrelevant it's the sheer audacity to treat a child's results like a pawn in a chess game! If they do this for a child's certificates imagine what else they do to children and parents. I have heard first hand of Repton locking out children from class who were late paying fees even by a few days! no explanation given to the child just sit in that room all day with no teacher!! wow a quality school !!! Parents beware.
Latest post on 28 February 2015 - 13:40
Cant you just pay for the books?
Latest post on 28 February 2015 - 13:37
Yes the actual certificates have been retained until the books are paid for. These were left in a form classroom and they advise not found. I think its just a way of earning extra fees for the School. We left dubai the very next day so had no other time to return books. They never even told me they were not sending certificates I had to chase them! 5 years of fees and they quibble and hold her certificates ransom. I would advise all to avoid Repton school.
Latest post on 27 February 2015 - 20:14
How sure are you about the 5 books? I don't know how it works at Repton but at other schools the year 11's have a day to take back their books and each teacher signs a paper to say they received the book. The whole paper is then signed off by the head of year or school secretary or whoever so you would know immediately if there was any problem. Ask to see the book return paper and any missing signatures, have they lost it maybe?? Did you have to pay a deposit when your daughter first started at the school? Have they returned that or is she continuing in the sixth form? Do you know what results she got? <em>edited by March on 27/02/2015</em>
Latest post on 27 February 2015 - 14:41
GCSE results came out in August. Do you mean the actual certificates?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY