Its Absolutely Heartbreaking.... | ExpatWoman.com

Its Absolutely Heartbreaking....

Latest post on 27 February 2015 - 14:28

To see 6 children in an apartment (opposite mine) who do not go to school and the younger girls not more than 10 having to hang out washing, cleaning the balcony windows, scrub the floors and entertain the toddlers on the balcony. One was just crying and cowering in the corner after hearing a female scream at her from inside. Disgraceful.

Latest post on 27 February 2015 - 20:52
You are very kind. Please keep us updated.
Latest post on 27 February 2015 - 20:46
JeanH could you go to the apartment with a small gift - cookies or a ball for the children? Introduce yourself and offer some friendship. You may be in a better position to assess if this is just hectic, chaotic family life with a busy stressed parent or a genuine risk to children. You are obviously a caring person with the interests of those children at heart. I have just literally had dates, chocolates, juices delivered as spoken with the children over the opposite balconies and they like sweets (I did ask if allowed). However, now apartment in darkness and may have gone out. Will keep all updated.
Latest post on 27 February 2015 - 20:41
JeanH could you go to the apartment with a small gift - cookies or a ball for the children? Introduce yourself and offer some friendship. You may be in a better position to assess if this is just hectic, chaotic family life with a busy stressed parent or a genuine risk to children. You are obviously a caring person with the interests of those children at heart.
Latest post on 27 February 2015 - 17:45
My comment was based purely on the child abuse element - I don't believe it is anyone else's business whether or not children go to school or anything else for that matter....but if they are being physically harmed (not just being made to do chores) then they should be reported, in my view..
Latest post on 27 February 2015 - 17:36
wickedangel_78, did you remove your post or did admin? What was wrong with what you said? I thought you made really good points... :(
Latest post on 27 February 2015 - 16:24
Many Syrians here are without residency, they can't go back home as many lost their homes, they can't enrol their children in schools and they don't even have income, they live on charities from other families around So unless you know their situation please stop suggesting reporting and so on. Not all expats have income or even have the option to go back home! And no the red crescent does not help families who are staying here illegally You make a very good point that I hadn't thought of. I totally understand that reporting them may not be the right thing to do, if as you say they are staying there illegally. However, if the children are being abused in some way then their sad situation, illegal or not, doesn't make it acceptable. Can you suggest something that the OP could do to help?
Latest post on 27 February 2015 - 16:04
Many Syrians here are without residency, they can't go back home as many lost their homes, they can't enrol their children in schools and they don't even have income, they live on charities from other families around So unless you know their situation please stop suggesting reporting and so on. Not all expats have income or even have the option to go back home! And no the red crescent does not help families who are staying here illegally
Latest post on 27 February 2015 - 16:04
Can anyone verify that foreign children here have to go to school? Anon - so many I believe are homeschooled here, for one, due to the expensive fees. The children claim to be from R@@sia but hearing them consistently speak Arabic. [b'>It would not be in my best interests to report I fear.[/b'> "[i'>Better remain silent, better not even think, if you are not prepared to act[/i'>." - Annie Besant "[i'>There are moments in Life when keeping silent becomes a fault, and speaking an obligation. A civic duty, a moral challenge, a categorical imperative from which we cannot escape[/i'>." - Oriana Fallaci "[i'>All that is required for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing[/i'>." Edmund Burke [b'>Please remember to ring tomorrow.[/b'>
Latest post on 27 February 2015 - 15:15
Al Ameen is an anonymous service where you can report anything. http://www.alameen.ae/en/ Thank you Couch. Not operating today it seems from their voicemail service but will contact them tomorrow. Poor things just want to hug them....
Latest post on 27 February 2015 - 15:13
Definitely report via the anon link that Couchpotato gave you, cant just not do anything, its obviously disturbing and worrying your mind.
Latest post on 27 February 2015 - 15:08
Al Ameen is an anonymous service where you can report anything. http://www.alameen.ae/en/
Latest post on 27 February 2015 - 15:07
Can anyone verify that foreign children here have to go to school? Anon - so many I believe are homeschooled here, for one, due to the expensive fees. The children claim to be from R@@sia but hearing them consistently speak Arabic. It would not be in my best interests to report I fear.
Latest post on 27 February 2015 - 15:00
Can anyone verify that foreign children here have to go to school?
Latest post on 27 February 2015 - 14:48
To the person who down arrowed me - I hope your children never have to put up with what I see! Think before 'pressing' please. I imagine the down thumbs are for the fact that you are posting it on here and not doing something about it such as reporting to the police...
Latest post on 27 February 2015 - 14:47
To the person who down arrowed me - I hope your children never have to put up with what I see! Think before 'pressing' please. It wasn't me, but have you thought that maybe the were thumbing down the situation rather than you? This has come up before and peoples' idea of what the thumb system is can be quite different. They may have been thinking "how terrible" also, which isn't the same as disagreeing or thumbing-down what you have said...
Latest post on 27 February 2015 - 14:44
To the person who down arrowed me - I hope your children never have to put up with what I see! Think before 'pressing' please.
Latest post on 27 February 2015 - 14:42
Err report this to the police, it is child abuse!!
Latest post on 27 February 2015 - 14:42
Sad that is, where do you live? Sharjah - the poor girl is still crying her heart out....she must be no more than 8.
Latest post on 27 February 2015 - 14:39
Sad that is, where do you live?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY