FS1 and FS2 DESS, Foremarke, Kings Nad Al Sheba, GEMs silicon oasis, GEMs Villa. | ExpatWoman.com

FS1 and FS2 DESS, Foremarke, Kings Nad Al Sheba, GEMs silicon oasis, GEMs Villa.

Latest post on 27 February 2015 - 18:46

Hi all,
We stayed in Dubai from 2008 to 2013 and we are due to move back to Dubai this summer. We now have 2 children who require placed in Kg1 and K2 from September this year so I have been doing as much research remotely as possible however I am desperate to visit the school’s first hand. It is almost impossible to do this remotely however I have stated to narrow down the possibilities and believe that DESS would be the best fit for our children. We have made the applications and are in the process of organising assessments for April when we will visit for a week to try and secure schooling places. We have been told that there is 20+ waiting lists for both KG1 and KG2 but given the fact that everybody makes multiple applications for schools, the high turnover of students in Dubai and the reasonably high movement between schools I have no feel for the eventual likelihood of being able to secure places for both children before September? I also don’t see anything about personal debentures for DESS – is there anything I can do to improve my chances of success?

Other Schools on my list (with spaces available or a reasonable sized waiting list) are Foremarke (very expensive but also very small class sizes), Kings Nad Al Sheba (slight concern over the fact this school seems to have very few current pupils – 77 with 22 different countries?) , GEMS Silicon (mixed reports which seem to have the facilities as outstanding but the teaching comes in for certain criticism) GEMS the Villa – can’t find very much information on this one.

I should add that my Husband will be working at Hamarayah Free zone at the far side of Sharjah so preference for accommodation would be Silicon Oasis or The Villa but the children’s schooling comes first!

Any assistance, comments or shared experiences would be very wecome.

Latest post on 01 March 2015 - 08:13
Hi. If you lived in the Villa the Gems First Point School would be v handy. It is a new school this year which is probably why there is little info/reviews out there. The Gems schools are all of a good standard so should be fine. The Gems Wellington DSO is HUGE. 3300+ students in primary and secondary. The traffic around the school is a nightmare. The Kings brand is good. I'm sure the only reason the NAS branch doesn't have too many students yet is because it is further out from most housing areas but if you live in DSO it wouldn't be far. Foremarke is lovely (but expensive yes) and there is plenty of housing close to Mohammed Bin Zayed Rd. As others have said, the new Hartland School in Meydan looks lovely but it only opens next September. There will be housing close by but not sure if much has been built yet.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY