Utility Bills - Mina Al Arab / RAK | ExpatWoman.com

Utility Bills - Mina Al Arab / RAK

Latest post on 27 February 2015 - 20:07

Hi all,

We are thinking of moving to Mina Al Arab in RAK. Does anyone know what the current water / electricity / sewage charges are? Has the development been added to the FEWA grid yet or is it still powered by its own generators like Al Hamra Village?

Appreciate your help.

Latest post on 29 November 2019 - 11:39
Dear all, we are considering moving to Al Mina as soon as in two weeks to a 3BR Townhouse at Flamingo but are now horrified reading reviews about high utility bills. Has there be any development ...
Actually Mina Al Arab is very beautiful place BUT one thing is not logically which is the utility bills especially for electric. It's not on FEWA & the monthly value are really very high parallel with consumption. I believe this is enough to push anyone to leave this beautiful place. I am a one whom really managing to leave at the end of the contract which is after few months & this is a lost for RAK Property. Also, I am not recommending my colleagues upon to the utility bills to live at Mina Al Arab. I am really would like to advise the responsible property to adjust the monthly rate rather that selling the utility bills. I am really recommending this place as beautiful to stay in BUT the one STRUGGLE issue is the UTILITY BILLS. Regards,
Latest post on 29 June 2016 - 01:37
Dear all, we are considering moving to Al Mina as soon as in two weeks to a 3BR Townhouse at Flamingo but are now horrified reading reviews about high utility bills. Has there be any development in regards of FEWA? If so, how much do you all pay monthly, if you don't mind me asking. I would highly appreciate feedback. Many thanks!!
Latest post on 27 February 2015 - 20:49
No it's not on FEWA and the bills are horrendous. I'm one of many who left MAA because of the rip-off charges. I believe electricity prices are 50 or 52 fils per unit (compared to the 23 fils I now pay on FEWA). Rumour is that it'll never be on FEWA.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY