Insuring an engagement ring | ExpatWoman.com

Insuring an engagement ring

Latest post on 28 February 2015 - 11:56

Morning Ladies

Please can you let me know what insurance company you use in order to insure your engagement ring/ jewellry?

The contents insurance that I currently have only allows me to insure one item of no more than AED75000

Any recomendations would be gratefully received.

TIA

Latest post on 03 March 2015 - 16:44
Brilliant and thank you!! Just a quick question: If I bought a ring then for $30k at the gold & diamond park and went to Damas for a valuation would they also value it at $30k as this is how much it would be to replace it OR, for example would they value it at 3 times the price like I know they would back home? Feedback would be appreciated.
Latest post on 03 March 2015 - 11:58
Damas do valuations i have had some items valued there before.
Latest post on 03 March 2015 - 00:16
AXA or Zurich, I lost my stone twice and they replaced it without any problems.
Latest post on 01 March 2015 - 18:11
http://www.igiworldwide.com/lab_reports.html They have a branch in Dubai, you can give them a call and inquire about valuation <em>edited by wickedangel_78 on 01/03/2015</em>
Latest post on 01 March 2015 - 16:39
I don't want to sell it. I merely want a valuation so that I can get it insured incase anything happens to it. Nowhere in Dubai does valuations though.
Latest post on 01 March 2015 - 15:44
Don't forget insurance valuations and a jeweller's estimated value are higher than what you would actually get for that piece of jewellery should you need/want to resell it privately, to a jeweller or at auction and you will pay a higher insurance premium for that higher value.
Latest post on 01 March 2015 - 12:33
In the UK I got mine valued by a decent jeweller. Maybe they can do that here? Have you tried RSA contents insurance? I'm not sure if the limit is more than AED 75k but I've claimed with them before and they were very good. You'd think in Dubai there should be lots of insurers used to insuring high value jewellery - gap in the market! <em>edited by Tiptoptoni on 01/03/2015</em>
Latest post on 28 February 2015 - 21:19
but surely its not worth more than 75000 if so i would put it in the safe deposit box at the bank!
Latest post on 28 February 2015 - 21:18
you would need to talk to your insurance company and ask for it to be specifically put on the policy etc
Latest post on 28 February 2015 - 16:28
Thank you for your responses. Just a quick question: obviously I need to get the ring valued in order to insure & obviously because the ring was bought in Dubai it was a great deal. So.... Does anyone know of a place in Dubai where you can get your jewellery valued and therefores insured instead of getting it done at my home country?
Latest post on 28 February 2015 - 15:29
Just contact your existing supplier, most companies are happy to give a different level of cover when you have items exceeding your curent policy terms.
Latest post on 28 February 2015 - 14:21
You will have to change / upgrade your insurance policy. There are others available that allow you to have more valued personal jewellery items - we use AXA

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY