Recommendations for antenatal care in Abu Dhabi | ExpatWoman.com

Recommendations for antenatal care in Abu Dhabi

Latest post on 28 February 2015 - 18:38

I'm 9 weeks pregnant with my first child and looking to register with a doctor/hospital for antenatal care and for delivery. I don't know any other mums or mums-to-be span a bit clueless as to how it all works here compared to the UK, so am looking for any trips or recommendations. Any help very gratefully received - thanks!!

Latest post on 23 March 2015 - 12:09
Adeve i was thinking of seeing dr firmine, how was she? Was she there with you for the entire labor
Latest post on 23 March 2015 - 12:08
Brightpoint is amazing. I went for infant cpr class there. ALot of insurances are not accepted including my own which is really good :( i had a terrible experience with dr, midwives and anaethiologist at Burjeel so don't recommend.
Latest post on 07 March 2015 - 21:20
Try BrightPoint - I went to their opening day on Friday and it was lovely inside. Worth a tour and look around!
Latest post on 03 March 2015 - 17:46
First of all, congratulations on your pregnancy! When I found out I was pregnant I searched on this forum for OB/gyn recommendations. In the end I didn't go for one of those doctors and just decided to go to Al Noor hospital, because it was so close to my home and it's a good hospital. So I called them and asked for an appointment. They informed me about their doctors and I chose one, she's an American, Dr. Firmine, and I really love her. I could see her the same week. There are also some other hospitals, like Burjeel and Brightpoint women's hospital, but I don't know much about them. Good luck!
Latest post on 01 March 2015 - 21:23
Thanks Busybee
Latest post on 28 February 2015 - 21:12
most in the past would have opted for the corniche, as its the biggest hospital here, and most popular, but now they have recently changed the rules, unless you can open a file with daman insurance you would need to look at the private hospitals.