Life insurance in UAE | ExpatWoman.com

Life insurance in UAE

Latest post on 01 March 2015 - 15:30
BTW Clare not sure I agree with your comment "Life insurance costs a fortune" This really depends on what you get, and what age you are and ailments you now have. There are many options and policy options available. We use Friends Provident, for both critical illness and life insurance.
Latest post on 01 March 2015 - 13:58
HSBC do a basic cover that covers many things and provides a pay out due to Ci or death etc.
Latest post on 01 March 2015 - 13:51
we got a product through the bank, Mashreq in this case if you use your search engine, type in mashreq critical illness cover, one of the first results will take you to the mashreq bank insurance 'store'. not sure if you need to bank with them to obtain products but we do, so we got it through that. hope that helps. If not a customer of theirs, likely your own bank will give you good rates of their own products
Latest post on 01 March 2015 - 13:39
My husband's company offers a payout for death in service, similar to what life assurance would be in the Uk (not to be confused with life INsurance). He's also insured for anything that happens to him accident-wise while in the course of his work duties or traveling for work etc. We have separate (paid for privately) policies for accidental death (road accident being the thing we fret most about) and also critical illness cover, mainly because the medical insurance wouldn't cover anything cancer-related or something else that would mean he couldn't work. Life insurance costs a fortune and our UK policy wouldn't cover us whilst living out here.. so that was another thing to fork out for... Must remember to get home contents insurance next! *sigh* Hi clare, sorry to go off topic, I am also looking for critical illness insurance, can you recommend any? Or if you can give info or any link what it covers etc? Thanks.
Latest post on 01 March 2015 - 12:48
My husband's company offers a payout for death in service, similar to what life assurance would be in the Uk (not to be confused with life INsurance). He's also insured for anything that happens to him accident-wise while in the course of his work duties or traveling for work etc. We have separate (paid for privately) policies for accidental death (road accident being the thing we fret most about) and also critical illness cover, mainly because the medical insurance wouldn't cover anything cancer-related or something else that would mean he couldn't work. Life insurance costs a fortune and our UK policy wouldn't cover us whilst living out here.. so that was another thing to fork out for... Must remember to get home contents insurance next! *sigh*
Latest post on 01 March 2015 - 12:38
Does anyone know if for a UAE company it is mandatory to provide life insurance to all of its employees? is there any minimum coverage requirement? (is it maybe some how related to blood money requirements etc?) many thanks! As far as I am aware it is not mandatory or compulsory for a company to provide either - I've worked for 3 different companies here and not once has it been part of my package Some of the larger western type companies I believe offer Death in Service and Life Cover, but this is not because they are based in the UAE.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY