Wooden bed rails / low bed | ExpatWoman.com

Wooden bed rails / low bed

Latest post on 01 March 2015 - 13:06

I'm looking for wooden or proper long bed rails that are fixed on the bed frame not under the mattress or a bed that is low. My 5 yrs old moves a lot while sleeping and now he sleeps on a mattress on the floor. His bed a double but it is not safe as it is high. I bought bed rails from baby shop but they raised the mattress up

TIA
<em>edited by wickedangel_78 on 01/03/2015</em>

Latest post on 01 March 2015 - 21:20
I checked ikea last year but I didn't find the rails, I will go and check the beds thanks
Latest post on 01 March 2015 - 18:41
My son is exactly the same and for the same reason was sleeping on the floor for a few months. I got him a low bed from Ikea and it has a rail, I put one side against the wall and so far, so good. I put some heavy suitcases wedged under it so he and it don't really budge. He still hangs his foot halfway off tho!
Latest post on 01 March 2015 - 14:02
I'm looking for wooden or proper long bed rails that are fixed on the bed frame not under the mattress or a bed that is low. My 5 yrs old moves a lot while sleeping and now he sleeps on a mattress on the floor. His bed a double but it is not safe as it is high. I bought bed rails from baby shop but they raised the mattress up TIA edited by wickedangel_78 on 01/03/2015 We had the bed rails from IKEA that slid onto the frame of the bed itself. They didn't go under the mattress like an L-shaped anchor (which sounds like the ones you got from Babyshop). You can try that. We also bought a low bed from IKEA. My husband and I prefer the low bed so that the kids can easily get in and out of it. Also if they fall off, it's not a far fall. It is very low to the ground (ie I can jump from the ground w/ 2 feet onto it). I love this bed because of its height. Hope that helps!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY