Anyone flown with Cathay Pacific? | ExpatWoman.com

Anyone flown with Cathay Pacific?

Latest post on 01 March 2015 - 13:43

Hi, has anyone flown with Cathay Pacific? We thinking of flying with them to Melbourne, maybe business class. It not too expensive business class, so just wondered why they so cheap compared to other airlines. Bit scared to fly with Asian airlines after the missing Malaysian airline plane and the air asia crash.......Thank you. Does anyone know where the pilots are from?

Latest post on 04 March 2015 - 16:12
CX is a great airline. On the issue of pilots - all airlines offer exemplary training as per IATA. Bad weather, Bermuda triangle, mechanical mishaps, do not know cockpit crew nationality. Have a pleasant flight.
Latest post on 03 March 2015 - 00:15
Very happy with them, economy is not so great though but business is awesome.
Latest post on 01 March 2015 - 23:23
We flew with them last year and they were excellent. We went Cathay Business rather than Emirates Economy for not much more money and it was the best decision ever. Great service (and yes champagne) and good beds. As someone else has said good lounges in Hong Kong We flew DXB to Hong Kong and then on to Sydney and had good connections both ways. If I was going to Australia or NZ I would absolutely use them every time. Our friends in the UK also used Cathay to get to Australia and had the same experience so I think the service standards are pretty consistent. The best thing for me was that I got a bed for not much more money than Emirates economy and no bed! We've also flown Business with Malaysian airlines to KL. The beds don't go completely flat but there was plenty of space on the plane as it was only half full (!) and the service OK. Not in the league of Cathay but much cheaper so as with everything in live "you get what you pay for". :)
Latest post on 01 March 2015 - 16:40
We've been using them to fly home to NZ for a while now, since we discovered you can get business class tix for only a couple of thousand dhs more than Emirates economy class. The seats are great, fully lie flat and the service and food is really very good. And, yes, you can get champagne on board :) The lounge they use in Dubai is fairly ordinary, but the Hong Kong lounges are fantastic - and you have about 4 or 5 to choose from. Worth every penny for a long haul flight IMHO. As Wifeof777 said, they have a ton of expat pilots, and they were voted no. 1 airline last year. <em>edited by Sam7 on 01/03/2015</em>
Latest post on 01 March 2015 - 16:14
I was hoping this was going to be a well kept secret ! We used to live in Hong Kong so have flown Cathay many times. We often use Cathay to travel to various destinations in Asia including Thailand China and Japan. They are just as good as any other premium airline , definitely have champagne in business class and the lounges at Hong Kong are good as is the airport itself. I always use the saving in cost of a business class flight to any of the final destinations compared to most premium airlines as justification to stay over in Hong Kong as a stop over - still feels like home even after 7 years in Dubai and stints in Singapore and Malaysia. I wouldn't hesitate to fly with them. I can only assume they are so cheap ,relatively ,as a way of encouraging you to stop off in Hong Kong - no hardship !
Latest post on 01 March 2015 - 16:06
Cathay Pacific are list under the top 10 airlines. That should you tell you something <em>edited by blokkop on 01/03/2015</em>
Latest post on 01 March 2015 - 16:01
I flew with Cathay recently for the first time and was really impressed. Especially as they upgraded me to business :biggrin: As 777 said, their service was fantastic. That's great, thanks. Did you get champagne in business?
Latest post on 01 March 2015 - 16:01
not sure if you would consider it but also have a look at Royal Brunei... we've used them before for both flights to UK and Australia and found their rates and service levels to be exemplary... nothing beats Asian hospitality for sure! only drawback for the Royal Brunei flights are the lack of inflight alcohol (so that could be a deal breaker for some) thanks but we flew with them before, we found them ok ..... food was not great on our flight and of course no alcohol needed on a long flight..
Latest post on 01 March 2015 - 15:24
not sure if you would consider it but also have a look at Royal Brunei... we've used them before for both flights to UK and Australia and found their rates and service levels to be exemplary... nothing beats Asian hospitality for sure! only drawback for the Royal Brunei flights are the lack of inflight alcohol (so that could be a deal breaker for some)
Latest post on 01 March 2015 - 15:15
I flew with Cathay recently for the first time and was really impressed. Especially as they upgraded me to business :biggrin: As 777 said, their service was fantastic.
Latest post on 01 March 2015 - 14:24
I flew with Cathay a few years ago and the service was fantastic. Cathay have a huge number of Expat pilots. thanks
Latest post on 01 March 2015 - 14:24
Hi, has anyone flown with Cathay Pacific? We thinking of flying with them to Melbourne, maybe business class. It not too expensive business class, so just wondered why they so cheap compared to other airlines. Bit scared to fly with Asian airlines after the missing Malaysian airline plane and the air asia crash.......Thank you. Does anyone know where the pilots are from? you know you live in ASIA !!!! Yes, I know....but I think you get what I mean
Latest post on 01 March 2015 - 14:22
I flew with Cathay a few years ago and the service was fantastic. Cathay have a huge number of Expat pilots.
Latest post on 01 March 2015 - 14:21
Hi, has anyone flown with Cathay Pacific? We thinking of flying with them to Melbourne, maybe business class. It not too expensive business class, so just wondered why they so cheap compared to other airlines. Bit scared to fly with Asian airlines after the missing Malaysian airline plane and the air asia crash.......Thank you. Does anyone know where the pilots are from? you know you live in ASIA !!!!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY