Are you happy? | ExpatWoman.com

Are you happy?

Latest post on 01 March 2015 - 15:04

Some have toygers ? some have maids, some have children some have not, some are married, some are divorced......

What would you say if someone asked you

Are you happy?

Latest post on 02 March 2015 - 18:01
Very interesting replies, as for my state its quite similar to what beebers wrote, Cherpie hang in there, this too shall pass and happiness will find you sooner or later. :) Great to read the positive replies.
Latest post on 02 March 2015 - 17:52
I am much happier today than I was yesterday - today I had gym endorphins, yesterday I did not ... Being physically active and achieving a sound work life balance really has a positive impact on my overall mood.
Latest post on 02 March 2015 - 17:52
I am much happier today than I was yesterday - today I had gym endorphins, yesterday I did not ... Being physically active and achieving a sound work life balance really has a positive impact on my overall mood.
Latest post on 02 March 2015 - 17:09
I am happy. :) The problem is when I am happy I want to celebrate with food, talk about food, cook food, share food. Which makes me UNhappy when I put my jeans on. :cry: But still happy. :)
Latest post on 02 March 2015 - 17:06
Lolacat - that did make me laugh, therefore, happy!
Latest post on 02 March 2015 - 16:57
It is rather uplifting to see here that so many people are happy/content with their lives.. or is it that only relatively happy/content people actually blog/chat on community forums??
Latest post on 02 March 2015 - 16:56
I'm feeling happy just seeing this post and the replies in it. That surge of positivity is just contagious. For me, at my current state, overall that happy bubble is existing: our recent travel adventure both in EU and Asia, finally able to get preggers again (our 2nd try after an MC), even without maternity insurance, there are unexpected financial blessings coming and enjoying good health and marriage. Replying to this post makes me extra happy :) Cheers! and oh it's my birthday month too. So roll on positive vibes!
Latest post on 02 March 2015 - 16:32
Honestly, am I 'happy' no. But life goes on regardless. I have my own religion as atheist and do not absolutely one iota in a celestial being however, believe as a person, I am relatively somewhat content in my life as others around the world are in abject poverty and I have so much more materialistically than them. Just so happy to help others out when possible. I see and read from others regarding thousands and thousands of Dirhams in many different contexts but sometimes, we have to realistically think of those who have absolutely nothing or who are on the breadline supporting their families.
Latest post on 02 March 2015 - 16:20
I would have to say i'm extremely happy but in saying that i tend to be a very positive person anyway. My life turned out far better than I could have imagined, i do feel blessed and lucky every single day.
Latest post on 02 March 2015 - 13:07
Am happy and I will live to be, the far God has taken me being a single mother, atleast am able to get my daily bread and educate my kids despite the ups and downs of the world. @Cherpie, you are in my prayers, be happy and you will see your kids grow.
Latest post on 02 March 2015 - 13:00
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP No, not dead. His final tweet above.
Latest post on 02 March 2015 - 12:57
I'm with Mr Spock on this one. What dead?
Latest post on 02 March 2015 - 12:52
I'm with Mr Spock on this one.
Latest post on 02 March 2015 - 12:22
Simple yet interesting question. For me, a "happy" feeling is fleeting and doesn't last. That doesn't mean I'm unhappy in its absence, but rather I am content in my life as a whole. The things I am not satisfied with I either work to improve if they bother me enough, or say "oh well" if the dissatisfaction doesn't eat at me. I have highs and lows like most everybody else. Sometimes they last a minute, sometimes a day. Depends what happened. I also think that one doesn't have to feel happy all the time. To me, that's a farce. If something irks me, I let it irk me and move on. If I feel negatively about something recurrently, I will analyze it and see what I need to do to change my outlook. If something terrible happens, I grieve as long as I need to. I don't turn a switch on and tell myself that I must be choose to be happy right that moment if I am not. And I am *happy* with that.
Latest post on 02 March 2015 - 12:19
Yes ... Happiness is a choice for those who are not majorly afflicted by something serious in life... And being one of those I am happy... Of course there are some tough times but they teach you a lesson or two in life, so alhumdullilah .... Prayer for those who are unhappy for whatever reasons, wherever they are... Even in tough times you can Choose to be happy...... thankful, grateful that its not worse. Without sorrow we don't appreciate the true gift of joy........ so he happy even in the sad times :) And remember that the only person responsible for your happiness is YOU. I’m sorry Izzy but what tosh, “And remember that the only person responsible for your happiness is YOU”. So someone who is in an awful situation where their life is being made a nightmare is responsible for making themselves happy? Rather naïve.
Latest post on 02 March 2015 - 09:02
Yes ... Happiness is a choice for those who are not majorly afflicted by something serious in life... And being one of those I am happy... Of course there are some tough times but they teach you a lesson or two in life, so alhumdullilah .... Prayer for those who are unhappy for whatever reasons, wherever they are... Even in tough times you can Choose to be happy...... thankful, grateful that its not worse. Without sorrow we don't appreciate the true gift of joy........ so he happy even in the sad times :) And remember that the only person responsible for your happiness is YOU.
Latest post on 02 March 2015 - 08:54
Not today... my bamboos are dying... :cry:
Latest post on 02 March 2015 - 08:53
Yes ... Happiness is a choice for those who are not majorly afflicted by something serious in life... And being one of those I am happy... Of course there are some tough times but they teach you a lesson or two in life, so alhumdullilah .... Prayer for those who are unhappy for whatever reasons, wherever they are...
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 02 March 2015 - 08:44
As Chocobella and mrsb have said I, too, "choose to be happy". There are things which I could allow to make me unhappy but I choose not to let this happen. I am grateful that I am alive and that I have a wonderful husband, family and good friends who care about me. For me the glass is always at least half full, never half empty. I count my blessings every day ? Very well said, Debliz. Masha'allah, we are lucky women.
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 02 March 2015 - 08:43
I am very happy with my "lot in life". We are definitely not wealthy; we both work hard; we support a huge family at home; we choose to be happy together as husband and wife, and as a family. In many cases, happiness is definitely a choice we make (or not). Such a lovely reply mrsb , pretty much sums up how we operate as a family. Nomad, thank you. I think everyone has to work at making their life good. I try to focus on the good aspects of everything and work at ridding myself of any negative things/people that creep into our family life. Family life is everything for me!
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 02 March 2015 - 08:40
No, nope. Not happy and I'll leave it at that for today. Oh Cherpie, I am sorry to hear that. I follow your posts and am making Dua for you always. I think you have a strong support group here on the forum so you are not alone.
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 01 March 2015 - 21:58
Yes I am happy. And I am grateful. Grateful for what I have and grateful for what I don't. I mostly feel at peace with my life and how it is going Alhamdulilah.
Latest post on 01 March 2015 - 20:43
Very happy. And when there was a time that I wasn't I made a decision to change that. A tough but great decision.
Latest post on 01 March 2015 - 19:26
The man who writes this blog died today. And even though he knew he was going to die he chose to be happy. Truly inspirational. Not everyone has the choice to be happy but if you do, take the time to smell the roses, see the silver linings on every cloud and grab life with both hands :) http://www.huffingtonpost.com/oren-miller/dad-with-stage-4-lung-cancer_b_5940308.html
Latest post on 01 March 2015 - 19:15
I'm working on worrying less about what may or may not be ahead I'm trying to focus more on the present and be happy with my blessings Tomorrow is promised to no one and I can't lose the joy I can find within today Corny talk I know but it's helping me
Latest post on 01 March 2015 - 19:10
As Chocobella and mrsb have said I, too, "choose to be happy". There are things which I could allow to make me unhappy but I choose not to let this happen. I am grateful that I am alive and that I have a wonderful husband, family and good friends who care about me. For me the glass is always at least half full, never half empty. I count my blessings every day ?
Latest post on 01 March 2015 - 18:38
I am very happy with my "lot in life". We are definitely not wealthy; we both work hard; we support a huge family at home; we choose to be happy together as husband and wife, and as a family. In many cases, happiness is definitely a choice we make (or not). Such a lovely reply mrsb , pretty much sums up how we operate as a family.
Latest post on 01 March 2015 - 18:38
No, nope. Not happy and I'll leave it at that for today. I think of you often Cherpie.....sending you prayers and very positive energy. Aww that's very sweet of you, thank You! ((A little bit happier now)) :)
Latest post on 01 March 2015 - 18:36
No, nope. Not happy and I'll leave it at that for today. I think of you often Cherpie.....sending you prayers and very positive energy.
Latest post on 01 March 2015 - 18:31
No, nope. Not happy and I'll leave it at that for today.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY