New pet store in Mercato | ExpatWoman.com

New pet store in Mercato

Latest post on 01 March 2015 - 15:15

......just horrible, those poor animals in the parking basement of the mall. It's no worse than the other pet shops, but at least you can avoid those. This one you just have to see when you drive out of the parking lot. Very sad.

Latest post on 03 March 2015 - 14:25
I am no supporter of petshops, but this one looks cleaner than most I have seen, so I don't think it's anything to report. Of course it feels odd its in a basement, but so are the one in Dubai Mall. The one in Dubai Mall is worse, I never seen so sleepy animals like there. The puppies hardly moves :-( edited by Silvstet on 02/03/2015 Yes I agree, its just that you have to drive past the puppy in the window - with his waggly tail :) it does look pretty clean and the animals looks happy from what I can see.
Latest post on 03 March 2015 - 10:28
There are a couple of gals on Bin Kitty who went and spoke with Mall Management. The lady there went down and said the animals needed water all the time, beds to sleep in and the big dog needs to get out and walk. All this has been done. Unfortunately, they cannot be closed but it does seem that they are trying to do the best they can by keeping the cages clean, playing in the play area and the husky (shame) gets walked at night in the mall parking lots. not ideal but, better than satwa and a whole other raft of pet shops.
Latest post on 01 March 2015 - 22:58
Report them.......cruelty to animals is against the law. If you make enough of a stink they will be inspected and will at least have to clean up their act. Really?,,,, how does Satwa get away with their pet shops than? I'm sincerely asking. Thread title indicated that it is a " new " pet shop so I am sure they must have had to comply with licensing laws. A call to the municipality voicing your concerns won't go amiss,at least you tried to do something. In Satwa they get away with it because people just accept it.......:( <em>edited by Nomad on 01/03/2015</em>
Latest post on 01 March 2015 - 18:48
Report them.......cruelty to animals is against the law. If you make enough of a stink they will be inspected and will at least have to clean up their act. Really?,,,, how does Satwa get away with their pet shops than? I'm sincerely asking.
Latest post on 01 March 2015 - 18:42
Report them.......cruelty to animals is against the law. If you make enough of a stink they will be inspected and will at least have to clean up their act.
Latest post on 01 March 2015 - 15:27
So agree, I had forgotten all about it - until I have to drive past it on the way out - those poor animals

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY