Relocating to Abu Dhabi first week of April | ExpatWoman.com

Relocating to Abu Dhabi first week of April

Latest post on 01 March 2015 - 18:40

Hello!
My husband and I will be relocating to Abu Dhabi for work the first week of April. So excited!!!
I read somewhere that contact solution is difficult to find. What are the other hard to find items?
I was thinking of ordering a case of these items and having them shipped with our other belongings.
Thank you!

Latest post on 12 March 2015 - 14:44
Thank you all for your responses! Very helpful!
Latest post on 11 March 2015 - 17:23
If you're coming from the UK I find the contact solution I use is half the price back in Tesco, so yes if you can I would stock up on some.
Latest post on 11 March 2015 - 17:20
Contacts solution aren't hard to find. Optical shops everywhere in Abu Dhabi, especially in malls carry them. Although you might mean that they are pricier than how much they should be. I find contacts and solution expensive here in UAE in general, compared to other places I've gotten them from.
Latest post on 11 March 2015 - 15:52
Some mums have said that kid home proofing items are not the best here and they wished they had brought the items from their home countries. Don't know if that is an issue for you. But I would say most items are easily available.
Latest post on 11 March 2015 - 10:24
Hello Don't be nervous about not being able to get anything, it is a massive international city with a fairly sophisticated shopping population. Long gone are the expat days of waiting for the boat to come in with the annual shipment of HP Sauce and baked beans (Kenya in the 80s!). There is a mark up here though so basics like M& S knickers and school shoes are worth buying in advance but there is nothing, that I am aware of, that you can't get delivered if it isn't here. We've been here 7 years.
Latest post on 09 March 2015 - 02:24
Bumping to the top as I'll need to place orders on Amazon soon. Thank you in advance for your comments. :)