Commute from Victory Heights to Repton for working moms | ExpatWoman.com

Commute from Victory Heights to Repton for working moms

Latest post on 02 March 2015 - 00:32

Dear working moms,

We are planning to move to Dubai and my 3 years old is going to Repton. We would really like to live close to the school but the areas we liked are quite far. We are thinking about moving to Victory Heights but as we are both working wanted to ask working moms & dads who live in Victory Heights and send kids to Repton, how is it working out for you?

Thanks,
Valentina

Latest post on 18 May 2015 - 00:41
Dear working moms, We are planning to move to Dubai and my 3 years old is going to Repton. We would really like to live close to the school but the areas we liked are quite far. We are thinking about moving to Victory Heights but as we are both working wanted to ask working moms & dads who live in Victory Heights and send kids to Repton, how is it working out for you? Thanks, Valentina Dear Valentina, Did you enroll ur LO to repton's bus service ? My son is same age and would like to know if they offer bus service for early years
Latest post on 09 March 2015 - 11:48
To answer your question, it should take about half an hour, subject to traffic etc. There is a car pooling board. As many posters have pointed out, there are a number of new schools that are much closer to VH but again, there are also a number of children who live in VH at Repton as well :)
Latest post on 08 March 2015 - 13:54
Thank you everyone for the replies, very much appreciated! one more question, is there a nursery in VH or close for a 1 year old? Why don't you look at Dovecote Green community, same company and small. Very close to VH. There are also some new schools opening in that area this September. If you have not paid the deposit you still have lots of choice, if you have paid and can not afford to lose it then look at transfering to a same company school closer to home for this age range.
Latest post on 07 March 2015 - 16:26
There are several nurseries close by. Wonder Years Building Blocks Emirates British Nursery Jebel Ali Village Nursery at the Polo Club
Latest post on 07 March 2015 - 06:11
Thank you everyone for the replies, very much appreciated! one more question, is there a nursery in VH or close for a 1 year old?
Latest post on 04 March 2015 - 16:05
you could enroll at wonder years nursery (it's the best nursery in dubai and i've visited almost 15 of them!!!) in dubai sports city and then move to victory heights primary school... think wonder years operate upto 4 years at wonder years and have priority in admission into the school... our kids are at both and they are brilliant...
Latest post on 03 March 2015 - 10:09
Sorry! Completely missed the fact that your child was only 3 years old! No, I don't think I'd be putting a 3 year old on a bus either! I know at the start of the Year Repton Early Years does put a board up for parents to contact each other re sharing lifts or car pooling. It used to be that Repton EY children were not allowed on the bus system, maybe this has changed.
Latest post on 03 March 2015 - 10:08
We applied to different schools, including one in Victory Heights, none of them accepted, only Repton offered a place There are lots of places in many schools that would be closer to you. Have you looked at Foremarke?
Latest post on 02 March 2015 - 21:05
Sorry! Completely missed the fact that your child was only 3 years old! No, I don't think I'd be putting a 3 year old on a bus either! I know at the start of the Year Repton Early Years does put a board up for parents to contact each other re sharing lifts or car pooling.
Latest post on 02 March 2015 - 20:43
We applied to different schools, including one in Victory Heights, none of them accepted, only Repton offered a place How about safa community? Much closer and still has places for next years fs1.
Latest post on 02 March 2015 - 18:25
We applied to different schools, including one in Victory Heights, none of them accepted, only Repton offered a place
Latest post on 02 March 2015 - 13:44
The school does have a bus service but im not sure if it goes to Victory Heights. To drive it would take a maximum of 30minutes in the morning i think. I think it might be quite a bit longer than that as the junction is always horrendous.
Latest post on 02 March 2015 - 13:04
The school does have a bus service but im not sure if it goes to Victory Heights. To drive it would take a maximum of 30minutes in the morning i think. A three year old on a bus service? Really? Who does that? You have to get a driver and nanny or sort something out with your work to accomodate the school hours and holidays. Why not look at a school closer to home or on your way to work? This is only EY there are some excellent schools to choose from.
Latest post on 02 March 2015 - 09:21
The school does have a bus service but im not sure if it goes to Victory Heights. To drive it would take a maximum of 30minutes in the morning i think.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY