Help... my bamboos are dying! | ExpatWoman.com

Help... my bamboos are dying!

Latest post on 02 March 2015 - 08:45

The tip of the leaves are turning brown and 2 leaves have turned completely yellow... last time my bamboos died and i thought i was not giving it enough light... so this time i am placing them close to the window for a few hours every morning... and replacing the water every other day... so what am I doing wrong? ... i just saw some tips online and it said fertilizer can be used every 2 months but we just bought the plants... :-( ... pls help... anyone..

Latest post on 08 March 2015 - 09:11
If you want to experiment you could add a drop of iron to their water, it might help with the yellowing leaves
Latest post on 08 March 2015 - 09:06
Well ladies ... my friend says that the reason bamboos are called lucky bamboos is they don't always thrive in every home and you are actually lucky if they thrive in your home... which I seem not to be... as for her, like GloriousMorning hers were fine for 2 years or so and then started withering... so if you believe the superstition, you can be lucky for a certain period of time and then your luck might just wear off... hehe... anyway since my luck doesn't seem to hold even for a while, wont be buying them again... :( We met on Friday in a group so could not get a detailed feedback from her.. she will visit me after 2 days... will just ask her about the other plants now and try to take care of them as much as possible... she did say not to change bamboo water before one week... if that helps anyone...!
Latest post on 05 March 2015 - 15:34
I know how you feel. I got bamboos and they were fine for 2 years, never gave them any fertiliser nothing, just watered them and had them indoors. Then someone told me that I need to change their water every day and need to use fertiliser so I did and they started dying.... Now I am back to not giving them any fertiliser and not changing their water and they are still dying.... It is just their natural death.... Ok... this has thrown some light on my situation... I was changing water every other day initially and then i read it should be changed every 2 week... so i stopped... but it seems their dying hours started right then... cause their condition seem to be deteriorating slowly anyway.... its excruciating to watch... i hate to be responsible for something and not being able to take care of it... this is the reason I am weary of having pets, because its a huge responsibility and unless I know I can give that kind of attention I wont keep one... last time my bamboos died I felt really disappointed with myself and it is happening all over again... :(
Latest post on 05 March 2015 - 13:39
I know how you feel. I got bamboos and they were fine for 2 years, never gave them any fertiliser nothing, just watered them and had them indoors. Then someone told me that I need to change their water every day and need to use fertiliser so I did and they started dying.... Now I am back to not giving them any fertiliser and not changing their water and they are still dying.... It is just their natural death....
Latest post on 05 March 2015 - 08:03
I think mine got overwatered and rotted the roots eventually. The leaves turned yellow before it eventually gave up. I'm itching to get a new pot. Does it have good drainage? I think they don't like too wet a feet... I have no idea GM.... I am waiting for tomorrow... a friends who actually 'talks' to her plants is coming over from Oman... will get a crash course in taking care of indoor plants from her and let you know here if interested... !
Latest post on 02 March 2015 - 16:54
maybe over watering them, really how can you kill bamboo.......its a weed.....lol I hope their blood wont be on me, and they are just dying their natural death...my DH however believes the former... wish he never got them in the first place...it seems they somehow die in our house. can you really over water bamboos?...... other 2 small plants seem to be doing fine...was hoping to chance upon a bamboo guru here.. but seem to be out of luck... :(
Latest post on 02 March 2015 - 12:13
maybe over watering them, really how can you kill bamboo.......its a weed.....lol
Latest post on 02 March 2015 - 09:34
All I know is they don't like direct sunlight. But I'm assuming light thru a window should be fine. Good luck finding the problem

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY