Stray kitten - help! | ExpatWoman.com

Stray kitten - help!

Latest post on 02 March 2015 - 16:11

Can anyone offer any assistance with a stray kitten please? I have no idea how old it is, it seems to be in ok health although skinny and dirty. Some workers said they had seen in hanging around alone, it was wandering on the road and I couldn't just leave it to be run over :( I'm in Arabian Ranches and it's currently corralled in my garden. I can't keep it or have it in the house due to allergies. I've emailed Bin Kitty collective but is there anyone who lives locally who can help? I'll feed it but I don't know whether I should keep it corralled in or let it out in the garden, at a total loss, any advice appreciated! Off to get some cat food now :cat:

Latest post on 03 March 2015 - 18:19
Bump for the Ginger one and well done!
Latest post on 03 March 2015 - 16:25
That's great news Daza, really pleased to hear he's doing well. Bin Kitty Collective are brilliant and they have a presence in Ranches, I hope you get him re-homed, nice one, here's hoping there's a happy ending.
Latest post on 03 March 2015 - 15:50
Thank you for all the advice ladies :) I took him to the vet this morning and they cleaned him up and dewormed him. He is around eight weeks old, ginger with lovely markings and very sweet. I'm hoping to find him a foster through Bin Kitty Collective, they have been fantastic.
Latest post on 03 March 2015 - 10:23
Take a warm wet face cloth and rub it all over her, that will help get the dirt off and over time she will clean the rest off :) or, you can give her a bath which with a kitten, is quite easy. Make sure you only giver her water, not milk :). kittens eat a lot, depends on how old they are. Since you are feeding her chances are good she will stay there for the time being :)...bed is good :) Bin kitty will give a discount for a health check for her and hopefully someone can foster :)
Latest post on 03 March 2015 - 00:06
You can also take it to the wet and get it cleaned and vaccinated. As long as it is stray they usually only charge some small feel around AED 200, just for material and do the whole lot. We did it with all cats that we found and then donated them to friends :-)
Latest post on 02 March 2015 - 16:53
Thanks CP!
Latest post on 02 March 2015 - 16:45
Thank you Artemis! I think she's a girl and she's just wolfed down some kitten food and is looking much happier. She's exploring the garden now :) Fingers crossed with Bin Kitty.
Latest post on 02 March 2015 - 16:32
Daza, that's a great idea with the box, apparently kittens are easier to foster than adult cats, so hopefully you'll be able to get him/her re homed. Bin Kitty were very good about replying when I emailed, although it might take a day or so and they do have members in Ranches, if you can't get a response from them give me a shout and I'll try to help out.
Latest post on 02 March 2015 - 16:29
He's a little ginger chap. Or she, no idea! Thanks Artemis, I'll put out some food and make a nice snuggly box. Our garden is fairly secure so if I block off one exit he will hopefully stay put. If anyone can foster I'd be so grateful!
Latest post on 02 March 2015 - 16:21
Daza, good on you for trying to help the little chap. Unfortunately I'm not able to home him, I've just taken on a 'garden cat' who appeared a while back, similar story really, turned up starving, no idea of where he came from. My own cat is just about tolerating the interloper, so we're keeping him. Here's my advice. I contacted Bin Kitty collective when Felix first appeared and they lent me a trap cage, I got him to the vet, gave him his shots and had him neutered. But if yours is only a kitten you don't have to do that yet. Would it be possible to keep him in the garden for a while and feed him there? I don't think he'll run away if you're feeding him, our new arrival didn't even run away after I'd brought him back from the vet missing his boy parts, (!) so I think yours would hang around if he's being fed. He's probably very scared and stressed, but if you feed him, put out some water for him and maybe a cushion to sit on, hopefully he'll calm down and start to trust you.
Latest post on 02 March 2015 - 16:17
Can anyone offer any assistance with a stray kitten please? I have no idea how old it is, it seems to be in ok health although skinny and dirty. Some workers said they had seen in hanging around alone, it was wandering on the road and I couldn't just leave it to be run over :( I'm in Arabian Ranches and it's currently corralled in my garden. I can't keep it or have it in the house due to allergies. I've emailed Bin Kitty collective but is there anyone who lives locally who can help? I'll feed it but I don't know whether I should keep it corralled in or let it out in the garden, at a total loss, any advice appreciated! Off to get some cat food now :cat: Is this the small black and white kitten just posted on BKC?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY